Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canary/Defect for Nothing

Thanks

The P-plates dont help, I get to dodge a lot of them after hours around here. A little more attention from some of them wouldn't hurt.
    I've got an AU XR8, ute, black, personalised plates, debadged, a couple of odd looking antennas on the roof. I've honestly been pulled over for RBT twice in three years, and once after some slimy truck driver dobbed me in for a dodgy overtaking manouvre. The windscreen is cracked, two headlights are too, and the front bummper is split and they didn't say a word about any of them; the genius that pulled me over was more interested in trying to prove the electric brake controller could somehow mystically pick up radar guns too, they're not very clued up but if you ask enough questions they'll send you to the machinery inspector and then your at his mercy too.
    Just getting rid of the stripes and stickers would do yourself a favour but if you like them then you have to be prepared for at least a little bit of grief.

Thanks

The car is cop bait, plain and simple, what do you expect?

Probably personalized plates too( no offense)
    How is your driving history? they prolly checked that out before they pulled you over.
    Make it look stock, have a 1500HP engine, lose the P plates and never get pulled over!
    What happens if I press alt + F4?

Thanks

Oritey all thanks for the thorough responses....

Ok first of all my driving record over the last year on my P's, ih avnt had a single fine speeding fine anything iv had zilch touch wood.

@godzilla--i agree chances are if it was stock as a rock i wouldnt of been pulled over.

I didnt realise what i did was illegal folding in the mirrors i hoenstly didnt, i had jsut finished a 3hr exam and wanted to get home.

Pulling down the P plates i wouldnt do i get randomly checked to many times and also not worth them checking over the whole car even more than they already do.

At the end of the day the police wanted to get me wether i had done something wrong or nothing wrong simple as t hat i guess.

I am startign to think that that hte melboure sports and aquatic centre called the police or alerted them to all this modified vehicles. they picked up four of us as we were leaving the venue via clarendon st how pathetic.

Thanks

Congratulations on your driving FTO.

I think that in Melbourne atm with all the attention of modified cars, young people getting killed, drags and hoons that you just have your P's in the wrong timeframe.
    The police have to appear to be doing something and unfortunately guys like you are going to cop it.
    Maybe buy a camira to drive during the week and keep the beast for the weekend.
    Good luck.

BTW Nice Car.
    What happens if I press alt + F4?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rob916 View Post
    I think that in Melbourne atm with all the attention of modified cars, young people getting killed, drags and hoons that you just have your P's in the wrong timeframe.
    As a parent of an 18 year old influenced by a father thats into cars and track days, i see it as a blessing in disguise.
    Its forced him not to be able to drive my GTR or any high performance car till he cuts his teeth in the real world.
    When he's 21, he will be a little more mature, a little better experienced and level headed to be able to control such power or to just realize that its like walking down the street with a loaded gun.

Quote Originally Posted by rob916 View Post
    Maybe buy a camira to drive during the week and keep the beast for the weekend.
    Good luck.

BTW Nice Car.
    A very good suggestion, cars that do not attract attention are very cheap atm.
    The problem is Princes Hwy (between Chadstone and Dandy), Lygon and Chapel st are yellow canary hotspots on weekends.
    The majority of canaries are handed out on weekends at night when the cars and boys are out.
    Just the time you want to take it out their looking for you.

Id say wait to get off your P's.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

FTO - it is an age old problem. Back in the early seventees I had an EH station waggon , lowered , wide tyres , hot motor , noisy exhaust and never got past being painted in grey undercoat. Never got a driving infringement but heaps of defect notices. One cop even said that if he saw it again without a decent coat of paint he would defect it off the road. Listen to those who have been there - buy an old hyundai to do your everyday driving around in . But as has been said , the problem will not go away until you are off the P plates.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12