Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New DASHBOARD for X360 is wow factor !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smithster View Post
    Did you do the hex edit part?

I seem to have a couple of problems. When I go to backup Partition 3 it seems to loop continously and nothing shows in the folder where I tansfering it to unless I press cancel.

Also when I connect up the 120gig drive only partition 1 shows up. Is this normal? If I try to restore Partition 2 nothing happens.
    I did a mix of method one and two. I was able to backup using method one, but couldn't restore the files. I guess coz I'm using Vista and I had UAC turned on and was running Xplorer360 as admin. I wasn't able to drag the files from win explorer to the xplorer360 window. I didn't realise this at the time. So I ended up backing up the 20GB in method two, then restoring to the 120GB. This creates all the partitions as it's restoring the 20 to the 120. Then I reflashed the drive, not sure that was needed, then popped back in the console and formatted again. Then I tried copying the partition 3. Still didn't work. That's when I disabled UAC. I was then able to copy the Partition 3 files across. Popped back in the 360 and all was good.

The backup and restore took a loooong time as I didn't delete my games I loaded to the HDD - 10GB worth! So I deleted them, copied Partition 3 to my pc, and coped that back. Only a couple of GB then.

When you're copying Partition 3 to your pc nothing shows in the destination folder until it completes. It copies to a temp folder first, then to your destination folder once done.

I'm not sure if partition 2 is needed. Apparently it's for backwards compatability of original XBOX games. But I copied it anyway.

I hope you can make some sense of whay I'm saying!

Thanks

Any pics of the new dashboard ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty2 View Post
    Any pics of the new dashboard ?
    has a bit on it...

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123