Thread: Tecom challenger remote monitoring

Thanks

Default Tecom challenger remote monitoring

Hi all,
    We've just installed a Tecom challenger system at a remote site for our business and are looking into ways to remotely monitor it (for a few complicated reasons we want to handle monitoring ourselves rather than use a third party company).

We've got the Titan software connected up using TCP/IP and were hoping there'd be a way for Titan to send out email alerts when alarms registered. I've been through the documentation but can't seem to find anything relating to this, does anybody know if it's possible? And if not, is there any other software package we could use for monitoring that has this capability?

Cheers,
    Steve

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve_15 View Post
    Hi all,
    is there any other software package we could use for monitoring that has this capability?
    Steve,

I am not familiar with that particular panel, however, there are a couple of "generic" ways to do what you want.

1. Use our Diginet IP board and have it send you emails directly.

2. Use our Virtual Monitoring Platform and have it send you SMS and emails. You can use the Diginet or any off the shelf Linksys VoIP ATA to send signals to the Virtual Monitoring server over IP.

Let me know if you need any further info.
    Developer of VoIP2Go at ozvoip.net - Alarm compatible VoIP Network

Thanks

litlle blue box called forcefield will do what you want, if you want to self monitor it, Forcefield is the way to go.

it will do what you want plus more.

Thanks

As above, Forcefield is the go.

Thanks

Forcefield is an option so is Securestream. Securestream is designed to do exactly what you want but is probably a bit expensive for one site.

Thanks

I am gonna go against the trend here and disagree with most views. I wouldnt use Forcefield unless it was the only option remaining. My reason for this is that forcefield in my opinion has a long way to go before it becomes usable and in my opinion shouldnt even be on the market yet. I have several sites with Forcefield now and even though I am a qualified installer and am very familiar with it I wouldn't use it unless there were no other options.

How big is the site you wish to monitor and how much money would you like to throw at this? There are other options. Lots of other options really.

Thanks

Talking

i'd pull it out and install a Concept utilising Insight

Thanks

Hi ArjanH, what problems have you had with Forcefield?

Hi Steven_15. You can do this using the printer interface on the IP interface and PSD Messenger Pro. This takes the serial output and send email, sms or pager. See . Not sure of the price but I'm guessing it's cheaper than Forcefield.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kalboy View Post
    LOL spoken like a true Concept Man!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalboy View Post
    I concur

Banned
    Thanks

why not a sol64?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DIYfan View Post
    Hi ArjanH, what problems have you had with Forcefield?

Hi Steven_15. You can do this using the printer interface on the IP interface and PSD Messenger Pro. This takes the serial output and send email, sms or pager. See . Not sure of the price but I'm guessing it's cheaper than Forcefield.
    The main issue with forcefield is that I am sure it was designed by some little asian linux geek in a cave out back of Taiwan somewhere. It is not by any stretch of the imagination user friendly and needs so much refinement that unless you really know what you are doing you are going to get lost in the programming and possibly do serious damage to the programming. I don't think the software as it stands right now is for the faint of heart at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ArjanH View Post
    The main issue with forcefield is that I am sure it was designed by some little asian linux geek in a cave out back of Taiwan somewhere. It is not by any stretch of the imagination user friendly and needs so much refinement that unless you really know what you are doing you are going to get lost in the programming and possibly do serious damage to the programming. I don't think the software as it stands right now is for the faint of heart at all.
    Very True, I look after several forcefield and Ares installations around the traps, and the biggest problem is quoting, you really need to put a lot of time and labor into getting these bad boys to work properly, 99.9% of installations dont need Ares or Forcefield, where titan would do the job (If maintained correctly, it does have a tendancy to do odd things from time to time)

If all you are after is simple sms'ing from specific alarms, PSD is a quick and easy way to get your tecom to hum.. There are also some after market SMS Modules that will take a CID string and send it to you via SMS...

But really.. if your not happy with your CMS, find a good installer and a good CMS to help you along, just like with everything leave it to the professionals to get the job done right, If your in IT, you wouldnt get a mechanic to come along and fix your new HP Blade servers, would you? Same in security, simply because you believe you can do it better, doesnt always mean that you can..

/2c/rant..

ReD

Thanks

Nobody has mentioned buying a cheap reciever and monitoring software. An MCDI reciever is about $1300 and there are several cheap monitoring software packages available. I think some of the recivers even have built in capabilities that will do at least some of the things you want.

Just a thought.

Thanks

Hi ArjanH

Know what you mean about the look for Forcefield. Although it's definately not made by some little asian guy in Taiwan. It's made in Australia like all of the other tecom stuff.

Thanks

Very true... a Fe100/900 will do all of that for you, with a gsm attached to a FE100 you can do sms or add in a nice package (like adsw !) and get smsing as well..

ReD

Thanks

where do you find secondhand fe 100's

Thanks

A lot of Monitoring stations are currently upgrading to the FE900 so there should be a few of them around. Check with security-merchants