Thread: Modbo 4 Help

Thanks

Default Modbo 4 Help

Hi,

I have a problem with my PS2. I have a GH-040-51 mobo in my PS2 slimline in which I fitted a modbo 4 modchip. Everything was fine for about 2 months (aside from the fact that my console would not read dual layer DVDs such as GOW , original and backup >:3 ) until my dog knocked my PS2 off the table.

After that my PS2 wouldn't read anything, even though the matrix infinity screen still showed at boot. I could sometimes get a music CD to read but no DVDs or backups or original games. So, I recently bought a replacement optical assembly which I have fitted. All my original games work perfectly now but my backups are still not working.I checked the I H G and B leads on my chip and I have good continuity still, how ever I am seeing a little bit of interference between I and G, I don't know if its normal or not as I might be picking up on a component or something through the lead.( I re-soldered G as it looked a little loose, and while it was off the board but connected to the chip still I measured the lead to the chip on I by mistake but got continuity, thats how I measured...)

Is there anything else that I can perhaps check? Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance...

Look Here ->
    Thanks

check your clk sx points
    after a drop the sx point may have lost connection somewhat

Thanks

WHat is the sympton on a back-up? If RROD then the laser is reading the disk & probably a modchip/wiring fault....if it goes to menu/browser screen & does nothin, your laser is no good.
    Also, did you use the same laser when replacing, eg Pvr802 with Pvr802,,,,as there are 3 differnet types & they are not interchangeable .
    PrecisionMods

Thanks

Hi, thanks for your replies.

I replaced it with a PV-802 which I was told is a universal reader (thats what they said on the site anyway ) And it would give me a "Please insert Playstation 2" error message on my backup games.

I seem to have come right with my problem though. On closer inspection I notice the G wire was slights squashed from the cover plate, so I replaced it. Then I noticed that the G H I B points as well as the CX wire were not properly soldered into the tiny points on the PS2 board. So I bought a really fine pointed soldering iron and redid the points properly and its now working perfectly with my original and backup games.

Thanks for the help

Thanks

Hi, thanks for your replies.

I replaced it with a PV-802 which I was told is a universal reader (thats what they said on the site anyway ) And it would give me a "Please insert Playstation 2" error message on my backup games.

I seem to have come right with my problem though. On closer inspection I notice the G wire was slights squashed from the cover plate, so I replaced it. Then I noticed that the G H I B points as well as the CX wire were not properly soldered into the tiny points on the PS2 board. So I bought a really fine pointed soldering iron and redid the points properly and its now working perfectly with my original and backup games.

Thanks for the help