Thread: wga xp pro sp2

Thanks

Default wga xp pro sp2

I had the problem about 6 months ago, were i found a fix from here and hasnt troubled me since. Now i dont know how long its been sitting there for ,but i clicked the yellow update symbol and asked me to install service pack 3. talked about its main purpose sending info back to m$ so i dcided not to install it. now since then i think its done a couple updates, and its about the 4th time the wga has installed itself. ive kept using the fix that i got before, but im just wondering if anyone has had this problem and if theres a better fix? thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Easy, don't do updates.
    About 15% of the pc's I get to repair is from corrupted updates, or trouble with buggy updates.
    If its stable, leave it. XP is a pretty stable system with sp2.
    Use a hardware firewall and some good av software and all will be well.
    What happens if I press alt + F4?

Thanks

yeh mate never have a problem always have the latest version of avg, spybot, zonealarm

there was a thread i was reading further down the list about some important update that got me thinking thats all. that one in particular would have already been done wtihout xp telling me?

Thanks

I run generated (personally) corporate licenses on my computers - i actually have a real/valid/legal corporate license, but i don't use it, as i like sticking it to the man

Anyway, i use a program called Autopatcher. They have changed the way it works now, so it's not as great as it used to be - you must now install the latest service pack ie 3 WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU (this does not have wga), then Autopatcher allows you to selectively install updates which have been created after this service pack. The makers of autopatcher update the list of available fixes every month, so you just wait till then and then run autopatcher and it will automatically download them from the net. The best thing is, it stores them all on your hdd, hence you can burn them to a cd or run it from a network so as to fully update another computer.

Most of the updates aren't necessary, so if your are only looking to install the odd critical update, then you can just download the individual exe fixes from the ms site.

Cheers, RHCP.
    Democracy: Three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for lunch.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

yea i just install xpsp3
    turn auto updates off
    run manual and install criticals
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68