Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Monitoring via IP or GPRS

Thanks

Here is some food for thought how do you encrypt an IP address ?. Remember mr hacker dont care about the info being sent all he wants is the server IP address. Once he has that its goodbye server goodbye all the devices on the server. Goodbye all CMS and transmitters. End of story.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitech View Post
    Sydneytech...IP alarms answered your question.
    No IP Alarms made a statement that IS incorrect and No Brainers crew (DC from SCSI in particular) has made it also to many people I am now informed.

I sat within ear shot not that long ago when he discussed his network and in particular the Suretek Network and it was most misleading on both parts.

Suretek have a private network with more redundancy at each part of the chain and it is superior to any other in this country. They also use the Telstra Network, Far superior.... shall I go on about the differences here as well or do you guys believe Optus is better ?

People here should contact Suretek and have a real look like we did. To be fair check them all out but be open minded then study what you are told.

Thanks

Pull your head in Steve. I can through insults as good. I am not been suckered into your lame pommy crap.
    kiwitech,

Looked back at my reply to Jtek's post and it reads like I was having a dig at you personally.

You and I will have to agree to disagree on the private versus public network, but my reply should have been worded more carefully.

Let the discussion continue....
    Developer of VoIP2Go at ozvoip.net - Alarm compatible VoIP Network

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneytech View Post
    No IP Alarms made a statement that IS incorrect
    Oops

Wasn't aware that Suretek had a private network.

Thanks

Suretek have a private network with more redundancy at each part of the chain and it is superior to any other in this country. They also use the Telstra Network, Far superior.... shall I go on about the differences here as well or do you guys believe Optus is better ?

People here should contact Suretek and have a real look like we did. To be fair check them all out but be open minded then study what you are told.
    I would strongly agree, Sureteks network is far, far superior then the 9 to 5 SCSI, but thats right they man their netowrk 24/7 now dont they.
    Efficent delivery of polls,
    Poll fail protocol
    Redundancy - end to end
    Disaster management and recovery

Then theres the provider,
    Telstra v Optus, NO comparison!

Telstra's network is far superior and do not let others in to PLAY with things.
    I wonder why Inner Range moved to this carrier also? maybe something fishy.

Whats that about harry? Or was it that he enjoyed a little coke with that iced tea.

Thanks

Suretek have a private network with more redundancy at each part of the chain and it is superior to any other in this country.
    Hey Hervey Bay PC

IPAlarms is in fact correct.....remember he is linked with NT software who services the majority of control rooms throughout Australia and gets to see how alarms are delivered.

ok to be fair I am lead to believe that the link from the protected premises to Suretek's monitoring command centre is in fact a Frame relay which equates to a private network. From protected premises to bureau monitoring centre.

But the link from the Control Command Centre to the the CMS...for the transmission of alarm signals is by VPN BDL or ADSL..or whatever...a fancy name for public internet.....

You may have sat within ear shot...but ive read the fine print of the contract...lol

Its about time suppliers come up front and stop trying to pull the wool over the industry eyes....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IPAlarms View Post
    kiwitech,

Looked back at my reply to Jtek's post and it reads like I was having a dig at you personally.

You and I will have to agree to disagree on the private versus public network, but my reply should have been worded more carefully.

Let the discussion continue....
    no offence taken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IPAlarms View Post
    You'll be hearing plenty more about it, but just for clarity - SCSI have a private network and the rest use the public internet.
    Correct Amooodo

Thanks

[QUOTE=kiwitech;10301]Here is some food for thought how do you encrypt an IP address ?.

Still waiting for a reply to this question.

Thanks

[QUOTE=kiwitech;10380]
    Here is some food for thought how do you encrypt an IP address ?.

Still waiting for a reply to this question.

Ask the Pentagon or German Government lol

Thanks

Here is some food for thought how do you encrypt an IP address ?. Remember mr hacker dont care about the info being sent all he wants is the server IP address. Once he has that its goodbye server goodbye all the devices on the server. Goodbye all CMS and transmitters. End of story.
    Kiwitech...you are so smart....forget about the jammers crap....talk about hitting the nail on the head

Thanks

AusSecTec... I thought we were friends. You know as well as I do that a server IP is static. Anyway I got an early start in the morning good night.

Thanks

AusSecTec...I reckon your initials are GS from a certain Suretek. Good night.

Thanks

You know as well as I do that a server IP is static. .
    Not if your using;
    Dyndns..

Thanks

I don't know enough about each system to say whether they are immune from DDOS attacks, but one thing the whole industry is up against is highlighted in Kalboy's post....

Quote Originally Posted by kalboy View Post
    I seem to recall going into SMC in Perth the day after they got knocked off.
    Be cool to see the footage they supposedly they got.
    I think their 4000 reported to the receiver they had sitting near the counter...
    If you're daring enough to knock off a bank - why not take out the CMS too ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by No Brainer View Post
    Kiwitech...you are so smart....forget about the jammers crap....talk about hitting the nail on the head
    Strong hint there Kiwitech,listen to your previous boss. Lets steer clear of the word jammer. Someone might bring up GSM Jammer/Blockers and cast dispersion on the ability for GPRS only networks in a bank or bank employees to work if a jammer is used.

Thanks

Default Private or Public was the question

Inner Range have told me that the VPN provided by the telcos is private. i.e not part of the public infrastructure. like the frame relay, it uses the companies own infrastructure i.e. not available to the public.

The difference is that frame relay cost heaps because it ties up dedicated links and frame relay is dedicated to the one customer i.e. DW VPN is dedicated to a bunch of customers but all of the data is encrypted by the vpn process and if they are smart before it enters the VPN process. VPN point to point is secure, its the pcs connected outside the VPN that are the weak link. In reality, to hack a vpn you need to hack the computer that has access to it.

Suretek GPRS uses a Private VPN
    Fratech GPRS uses a Private VPN Ethernet uses public internet
    DW GPRS uses frame Expensive relay
    Permaconn (not sure)

The odd one out here is DW and they are the only ones making a song and dance. I see that as the others have nothing to prove, thier products are talking for themselves.

Thanks

I have nothing to gain with this discussion other than upsetting some in here. I am only a simple technician with a better understanding of this technology than most other tech's. Leave you to it play nice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jammedit View Post
    Strong hint there Kiwitech,listen to your previous boss. Lets steer clear of the word jammer. Someone might bring up GSM Jammer/Blockers and cast dispersion on the ability for GPRS only networks in a bank or bank employees to work if a jammer is used.

He is not my ex-boss. But you guys know everything.

Thanks

I have entered a few CMS s and noticed the connection from the DW stuff. You can no longer pull the wool over my eyes you have ADSL connections in some so explain that.
    So what you are saying is that DW is actually ADSL like everyone else. ????

Well your observation is totally wrong and your statement is totally refuted as blatantly misleading and deceptive.

Dont worry though no-one pulled the wool over your eyes, even really good techicians have (in the past) had difficulty determining the difference.

Anyone that is unsure about the delivery mechanism of the DW network should feel free to contact a member CMS to discuss. It is not hard they are openly advertised.

PS, hows your control room going....
    mmmmm not sure you would need to contact Signature Security...they purchased it outright in 1997. Gee time flys.

As you would know, with the GSM system we regularly have to programme units to Central Stations....quite often we get requests from technicians to programme or transfer units to Central Stations who dont have GSM Receivers....so SCSI has a fair idea who run Control Rooms and it isnt SCSI.

Thrown out of any education departments lately for test panels polling perfectly when still in the box.
    Actually no....we have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. But you have raised this in the past so it would be good if you could provide details, including contact name so we can get to the bottom of what you are talking about. Without those details we will treat your comment as normal claptrap.

Lost any control rooms using DW, Suretek I know have not. Just growing.
    None that i am aware of....just growing.....another new one coming on line next week thanks. Problem is the network build time for each new customer...we dont just rock up and plug into ADSL.

Any major break and enters where it has failed ?
    No none that im aware of......if it's installed correctly it works end of story. I think there was one recently where the offenders got to the unit without triggering any alarms. Not the fault of DW but the subsequent loss of poll was actioned.

Anyway I think I will take the advise of Suretek and vacate this place until after judgement day.
    Good idea....

• Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast