Thread: Wife wants a DS

Thanks

Default Wife wants a DS

Last year I bought my wife a Wii, this year she wants a DS. Just going to the shop and buying something without looking at options isn't my cup of tea.

I did some reading about the mods for the DS, and once there is more then one option and each claiming to be better then the other. I figure i ask here.

Is any off the shelf DS ok to buy or is there something to look for like serial number range. ?

What mod is the best or can use more then a 2gb memory card (for more games) ? And does the mod allow for extra features on the console.

Does the same mod allow you to plug-in > copy roms or are these mods only for downloaded roms.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi Skozzy,

Here is a good thread made by another member which explains alot

The answers in summary are any DS lite will do, the modd is really via the card setups like, R4, TTDS etc.... , I am running a 4GB micro in my daughters DS don't know if you can go bigger, but with that size card you can cram heaps on. It depends on which card you use as to the features that can be utilised but you can certainly do everything that you have stated.

Good luck.

Thanks

Thanks, im still not sure what to go for, seems some of the guys at my wifes work have experiance with some of these mods. I'm guessing the only thing I see as important is the storage size. I downloaded about 6gig of stuff last night, so a mod option that allows for large memory sticks more usefull then a 1 or 2 gig option.

Thanks

There was a comparison done by someone here on the cards so have a troll through and have a look. Everyone has their favourites, mine is the TTDS.

Cheers

Thanks

I've used the TTDS and Acekard. I prefer the Acecard, it's a lot quicker browsing the games list!

Thanks

Skozzy,
    Get a TTDS card from Deal extreme for USD$12
    Get an 8gb Micro SD card for about $35. THis will store about 180-200 games on there and is what I use for my kids games.
    The firmware for the TTDS card (that you download onto the Micro SD card can be found from the manufacturers site.
    All really easy to arrange.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skozzy View Post
    Thanks, im still not sure what to go for, seems some of the guys at my wifes work have experiance with some of these mods. I'm guessing the only thing I see as important is the storage size. I downloaded about 6gig of stuff last night, so a mod option that allows for large memory sticks more usefull then a 1 or 2 gig option.
    Probably go for a DSTT or Supercard. However saying this I play a looooot of games and have a bit of ADD on the DS. I have a 2Gb card and 1/2 the stuff on my card doesn't get touched. Most of the games are only 64Mb so you dont need to go too crazy on the size. I actually find too many games on a card makes it difficult to find the game you wish to play!
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

I agree with Rouge, I got an M3DS Real + 2 Gig + Rumble pack for my brothers DS, 2 gig is more than enough, otherwise you'll spend a day looking for the game you want to play

Thanks

My wife did mention the M3DS + Rumble , was mentioned from some guys at her work. If it allows the DS to play MP3s as well then it sounds like the one to get. I see they sell around $60. Looks like they also take bigger then 2gig now too if I read it correctly.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skozzy View Post
    My wife did mention the M3DS + Rumble , was mentioned from some guys at her work. If it allows the DS to play MP3s as well then it sounds like the one to get. I see they sell around $60. Looks like they also take bigger then 2gig now too if I read it correctly.
    Plays Mp3's for sure, also plays video, I put the entire 3 seasons of Avatar on there for my bro, if you go to the noob tutorial posted earlier, it explains what video converter is needed to convert the AVI to work on the DS.

It does support more than 2GB, software now recognises the SDHC cards. But I don't like putting all my eggs in one basket, I'd make a few smaller cards, one for games and the other for media etc.

Thanks

You will probably want this too
    "cooking guide"

and

ttds
    4g flash

all 3 of my kids have R4's with 2g cards and prefer them to the ttds.
    the R4's play mp3 and movies too

btw i have got plenty of "goodies" from Dealextreme with out a problem.
    usually takes a week or so to arrive

Thanks

Well guys your all a great help, my guess is this weekend we will get one and order the mod from online (some advert the apears here).

I might PM some of you for leads to stuff .. wink wink.

Chears.