Thread: DoAll programmer

Thanks

Default DoAll programmer

Can anyone advise me what software is suitable for use with the DoAll programmer that will work with XPpro SP3.

I used to use ICProg with Win98 but I cant get it to work properly with XP. Have also tried PonyProg with no success.

Cheers
    Rocket
    Don't worry, it only seems kinky the first time.

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

HI, I don't know that its the DoAll...

I have not done any pic programming since the IRD1 days, but as far as phoenix functions go my DoAll runs some programs but not others. Its odd. I have a few different programmers, so I may try them to see if there is a difference. I suspect not. A spare PC with w98 may be the go.

Cheers
    enf
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Can anyone advise me what software is suitable for use with the DoAll programmer that will work with XPpro SP3.

I used to use ICProg with Win98 but I cant get it to work properly with XP. Have also tried PonyProg with no success.

Cheers
    Rocket

Rocket

I'm running ICprog 1.05d through the jaycar on my XPpro machine with SP3, Is the problem/s your having to do with the correct OCX-files?
    if so then click on the link , and download the correct ocx files, when you download and install these files in your system you then need to correctly register these files, I think I still have the instructions for registering these files in my email and will try and post them later tonight for you.
    Democracy & Ignorance = A Winning Combination

Thanks

Thanks for the info but its not an OCX file issue. ICprog loads fine will read ok but not write to the pic.

I was hopeing to find some suitable software rather than use another pc but may not have an option.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osci View Post
    Rocket

I'm running ICprog 1.05d through the jaycar on my XPpro machine with SP3, Is the problem/s your having to do with the correct OCX-files?
    if so then click on the link , and download the correct ocx files, when you download and install these files in your system you then need to correctly register these files, I think I still have the instructions for registering these files in my email and will try and post them later tonight for you.
    I would like to try what you suggest too, osci, could you post your fix for me too,

cheers

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

1.Locate the file using windows explorer or My Computer. Alternatively search for the filename.

2.Hold down the shift key and right click on the file. Then click 'Open With...' from the menu.

3.An 'Open With' dialog box should appear. Click the button 'Other...'.

4.Navigate to your windows\system32 directory and select the file 'RegSvr32.exe'. Do a file search for it if you have trouble locating the exact folder. On Windows 2000 it is typically located in c:\WINNT\System32. Click Open to select the file. Then click OK on the 'Open With' dialog.

5.You should see a message indicating the file was successfully registered. If you see an error message, try restarting your computer and going through the above process again.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    1.Locate the file using windows explorer or My Computer. Alternatively search for the filename.

2.Hold down the shift key and right click on the file. Then click 'Open With...' from the menu.

3.An 'Open With' dialog box should appear. Click the button 'Other...'.

4.Navigate to your windows\system32 directory and select the file 'RegSvr32.exe'. Do a file search for it if you have trouble locating the exact folder. On Windows 2000 it is typically located in c:\WINNT\System32. Click Open to select the file. Then click OK on the 'Open With' dialog.

5.You should see a message indicating the file was successfully registered. If you see an error message, try restarting your computer and going through the above process again.
    Thanks Sanity,

your procedure works perfectly, as described

Cheers
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 15-11-08 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks

I downgraded to ICprog 1.05 and it works.
    Must be an issue with later versions of ICprog.

Now I can work through the excellent tute on PICs by TRASH posted in the electronics section.

Thanks for all the help.
    Rocket

Thanks

Two programs that I found worked well with most programmers and were easy to use were "cardwriter and chipcat"