Goes Like this.
My Electric Hot Water Unit is on its way out Slowly,
She sprung first a leak up top beside the Anode Bolt which I filled with a screw then Mixed up some Epoxy Resin which has sealed her up nicely, No More Leaks from that spot.
a few days later I Noticed in the top element section a bit of water so I guess she has another leak somewhere - Possibly on the seam at top of tank somewhere so its looking like its nearly time to Upgrade.
I Had issue with the top element a few months ago so it was disconnected, As I live alone hot water has been fine with only the one element.
the existing unit is a Rheem twin element model approx 300 ltrs.
I have been around to the local plumbing mob and got a quote on Solar.
As I have a Gas Line out front I am not allowed to get the electric backup model which I would have preferred.
From what Mal (The Local Bloke who came over to organize quote for me ) I have to go GAS backup as Gas is provided in my street.
I was hoping to avoid the extra service charge and get electric Backup.
He is doing me a quote and said its best way to go is Solar panel with gas backup, he said approx $6000 but Government gives approx $3700 back in rebates and to get gas to my property apparently there is a $200 rebate as well to get it hooked up to Water Heater.
Has Anybody got this done, looking at the savings over say a 2 - 3 year period, Mal said save around $300 of my power bill but would that just go to gas service charges anyway.
I'll update once I get the Quote tomorrow or next day.

Cheers
Mutanti