Thread: ISP Inaction

Thanks

Default ISP Inaction

I have logged a fault with ISP PROVIDER.
    After numerous emails between us they are still looking at it.
    I have a lot of trouble getting them to respnd.
    I have finally spoken to a ISP PROVIDER tech and have found out they have been testing for the wrong thing the whole time.
    I have been told to re submit this as a new fault and go thru the whole process again.
    I have all my coraspondance between PROVIDER and myself to prove i have done the right thing and been very patient.
    You will see where they have said they will respond in 2-3 days and over a week later i have to ring.
    I have been told i can take this to the ACCC.
    Can someone pls advise me what is the best way to do this.
    Last edited by statesmanjeff; 17-11-08 at 02:53 PM. Reason: to give them benifit of the doubt.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I think the TIO would be the people to speak to.

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Depending which ISP it is you could post the details of your problem here Some ISP's have representatives on the forum who will help you.

If you report it to the TIO, you might get some action if it is justified plus each complaint to the TIO costs the ISP a fee of over $100.00 (cannot remember the exact amount)

In addition, depending on which ISP you are with they may not have their own equipment in the exchange in which case they are reselling Telstra or Optus services. If its Telstra equipment the ISP is at their mercy to get things done.

The ISP will raise a work order to request a new service or to have a problem investigated its then up to Telstra to do the work and they may not send a tech out to the exchange unless they have say five connections to do as they deem it uneconomic to do just one so you may end up waiting a week or more.

That is not your ISP’s fault it is Telstra not giving stuff about helping a competitor because they can and it make your ISP look bad.

Then again I don’t know who your with so it could be there just slack.