Thread: mutant 200s questions

Thanks

Default mutant 200s questions

mate wants a dm500s,was thinking ill sell him mine and ill might try out a mutant,
    what i want to know is,

1)roughly how much free space is left over with a pli image?

2)hows the aspect ratio,does it stretch a 4:3 channel on 16:9 tv like the dm500s?

TIA.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

You'll find the Mutant is very similar to the DM500
    If you're worried about enough space there's a mod you can do on the mutant as follows (haven't tried this myself yet)

Found this on another forum.
    Mod to double your Mutants Ram from 32 to 64 Mb and turn it into a 200+.

This will change hardware Ipbox 200s/Mutant200s/Relook 100
    In order to extend the ram from 32Mb to 64Mb in order to solve all the problems and delays of several blocks that had pictures with enigma.
    In fact the problem was the lack of ram memory available for various applications.
    Based on the assumption that the processor supports 2 memory chips for each of the 2 memory controller that owns, we can settle directly above the existing ram another chip, in order to double the amount of memory ram.
    Indeed, the second memory controller on board is inaccessible because it is not sbrogliato and pin remain hidden under the cpu.
    With this technique you could get up to 128Mb of ram on other models.
    The amendment is directed only to experts welding.

Materials needed:
    1 bench ram PC133 for expansion *
    Various materials for welding smd (wire wire-wrap, welders 15w, tin 0.5mm, flux ...).
    Various tools.

* We are concerned for a ram memory chips from 32Mb 16bit
    For those desktop PCs use 8 / 16 chips from 8-bit ones for portable instead have 4 / 8 chip from 16-bit
    For a chip from 32Mb we indirizzarci on a bench by 128Mb if it consists of 4 chip, from 256Mb if it is to 8 chip.
    I have just found my shop confidence.

These images describe the change step by step.

Figure 1:
    Cut the track with a taglierino just above the point that I identified as "K4.
    Connect figure as head of the resistance R38 at the vcc on U5.
    These steps allow us to free up GPIO30 that will monitor / CS (chip select) of the second memory chips.

Dissaldare a chip from the bench ram using the method of your choice (hot air solder, tin strips ...)
    Bend the legs straight and vertical except pin 19 which will leave the chip horizontally.

Figure 2 and 3:
    Lay the top of the ram chips already present on the card. After verifying that the pin chips added combacino perfectly with the pin already on the card, go to welding pin for pin.
    Connect pin 19 remained isolated with a wire at "K4.

Note: in the pictures there is a link that no longer serves, I had to do it because the evidence had gone wasted a circuit board.

Then the receiver should be compatible with fw normal, but to exploit the 64Mb RAM will need to use this special version (kernel and uboot modified).
    Warning! Do not try fleshare this fw in an unmodified receiver, or be forced to use the jtag to revive him!

The author accepts no responsibility for any damage.

Thank you for Sandals and documentation necessary for the amendment to drivers.

Greetings,
    PhotosOfGhosts

Quote:

Hi,

so I try to summarize the last 2-3 weeks experience:

- thank you for "Photos of Ghost" to develop this hwmod!
    - his pictures not 100% synced with hwmod because he made mistakes on procedure and needed to repair some link.
    - you need 4x4x16bit PC133 SDRAM chip (some of members reported hwmod is not working with RAM defined before and existing RAM together, they needed to replace the original RAM then build two same RAM chip in)

hwmod step are:

1. Cut the track around the K4 point "tagliare" (based on the pictures)
    2. Connect the R38 to the U5 VCC (based on the picture)
    3. Put the new RAM chip on the top of the existing RAM and connect each leg to each other expect the 19th leg.
    4. Connect the 19th leg of the extended RAM to the K4 point.
    5. Verify all your welding!!!
    6. If the box started and everything works fine (you have to see only 32MB RAM at this point) verify you weldings again!
    7. Change the image in flash-memory. Modified image has 2 differences: uboot and head.ko . You can download the whole image (serial_all) from sifteam site or you can download the special uboot (serial_boot) and the compatible images (serial_all_noboot) from denktenk download section (will accessible in this weekend). If you change the image you will see 64MB RAM.

Using the 200S+ (should we use this name?) you can use more software on the box (cardreader+emu) with more stable, you have less blips and lines on file mode, faster boot, you don't have low-memory problem on some images, etc.

Mod to double your Mutants Ram from 32 to 64 Mb and turn it into a 200+.

This will change hardware Ipbox 200s/Mutant200s/Relook 100
    In order to extend the ram from 32Mb to 64Mb in order to solve all the problems and delays of several blocks that had pictures with enigma.
    In fact the problem was the lack of ram memory available for various applications.
    Based on the assumption that the processor supports 2 memory chips for each of the 2 memory controller that owns, we can settle directly above the existing ram another chip, in order to double the amount of memory ram.
    Indeed, the second memory controller on board is inaccessible because it is not sbrogliato and pin remain hidden under the cpu.
    With this technique you could get up to 128Mb of ram on other models.
    The amendment is directed only to experts welding.

Materials needed:
    1 bench ram PC133 for expansion *
    Various materials for welding smd (wire wire-wrap, welders 15w, tin 0.5mm, flux ...).
    Various tools.

* We are concerned for a ram memory chips from 32Mb 16bit
    For those desktop PCs use 8 / 16 chips from 8-bit ones for portable instead have 4 / 8 chip from 16-bit
    For a chip from 32Mb we indirizzarci on a bench by 128Mb if it consists of 4 chip, from 256Mb if it is to 8 chip.
    I have just found my shop confidence.

These images describe the change step by step.

Figure 1:
    Cut the track with a taglierino just above the point that I identified as "K4.
    Connect figure as head of the resistance R38 at the vcc on U5.
    These steps allow us to free up GPIO30 that will monitor / CS (chip select) of the second memory chips.

Dissaldare a chip from the bench ram using the method of your choice (hot air solder, tin strips ...)
    Bend the legs straight and vertical except pin 19 which will leave the chip horizontally.

Figure 2 and 3:
    Lay the top of the ram chips already present on the card. After verifying that the pin chips added combacino perfectly with the pin already on the card, go to welding pin for pin.
    Connect pin 19 remained isolated with a wire at "K4.

Note: in the pictures there is a link that no longer serves, I had to do it because the evidence had gone wasted a circuit board.

Then the receiver should be compatible with fw normal, but to exploit the 64Mb RAM will need to use this special version (kernel and uboot modified).
    Warning! Do not try fleshare this fw in an unmodified receiver, or be forced to use the jtag to revive him!

The author accepts no responsibility for any damage.

Thank you for Sandals and documentation necessary for the amendment to drivers.

Greetings,
    PhotosOfGhosts

Quote:

Hi,

so I try to summarize the last 2-3 weeks experience:

- thank you for "Photos of Ghost" to develop this hwmod!
    - his pictures not 100% synced with hwmod because he made mistakes on procedure and needed to repair some link.
    - you need 4x4x16bit PC133 SDRAM chip (some of members reported hwmod is not working with RAM defined before and existing RAM together, they needed to replace the original RAM then build two same RAM chip in)

hwmod step are:

1. Cut the track around the K4 point "tagliare" (based on the pictures)
    2. Connect the R38 to the U5 VCC (based on the picture)
    3. Put the new RAM chip on the top of the existing RAM and connect each leg to each other expect the 19th leg.
    4. Connect the 19th leg of the extended RAM to the K4 point.
    5. Verify all your welding!!!
    6. If the box started and everything works fine (you have to see only 32MB RAM at this point) verify you weldings again!
    7. Change the image in flash-memory. Modified image has 2 differences: uboot and head.ko . You can download the whole image (serial_all) from sifteam site or you can download the special uboot (serial_boot) and the compatible images (serial_all_noboot) from denktenk download section (will accessible in this weekend). If you change the image you will see 64MB RAM.

Using the 200S+ (should we use this name?) you can use more software on the box (cardreader+emu) with more stable, you have less blips and lines on file mode, faster boot, you don't have low-memory problem on some images, etc.

Thanks

the best image to run on a mutant is Highland (latest version available from denktenk.com) compared with pli it has a better user interface, such as station listing alphabeticaly with picture of current chosen station in 1/4 corner of screen.
    Highland has great 16:9 vision.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mate View Post
    Highland has great 16:9 vision.
    does this mean that the 4:3 channles will have 2 black bars on the side if i set it to 16:9 on the mutant and my tv?

wanted to use pli becuase its got the oztivo EPG,and wanted to know if there were roughly 3mb free space so i dont have to mount the epg to network drive.

Thanks

Default Mutant/ Relook 200S and Select TV

I have bought one of these boxes on eBay to replace a Strong 4800i that has gone intermittent. The old box still works on Select TV, so my card and subscription are valid.

I have the new box working well on the FTA channels and seeing many satellites through a motorised dish.

I can receive all the channels on Intelsat 8 but I cant get the card reader to work on my Select TV service.

I am using the latest Gemini image but I have tried them all. None of them can operate the card reader.
    I have loaded the latest cam 2.0.10 from the Gemini site and this appears on the channel selected screen but it still will not unscramble the Select TV channels.

The Korean manufacturer is no help and just says that they do no support anything but FTA reception. They do not know how to work the integrated card readers built into their boxes. Incredible, but true! They referred me to the Europeans, but I cannot get any response on the European forums.
    If there is no solution we should put out a warning because these receivers appear to be a magnificent option to satellite hobbyists with all their programmable features and low cost.

Does anyone here now how to get this box to work with Select TV? pleas no more cryptic one line responses. If you really know how to do this please just explain it to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Occams View Post
    I have bought one of these boxes on eBay to replace a Strong 4800i that has gone intermittent. The old box still works on Select TV, so my card and subscription are valid.

I have the new box working well on the FTA channels and seeing many satellites through a motorised dish.

I can receive all the channels on Intelsat 8 but I cant get the card reader to work on my Select TV service.

I am using the latest Gemini image but I have tried them all. None of them can operate the card reader.
    I have loaded the latest cam 2.0.10 from the Gemini site and this appears on the channel selected screen but it still will not unscramble the Select TV channels.

The Korean manufacturer is no help and just says that they do no support anything but FTA reception. They do not know how to work the integrated card readers built into their boxes. Incredible, but true! They referred me to the Europeans, but I cannot get any response on the European forums.
    If there is no solution we should put out a warning because these receivers appear to be a magnificent option to satellite hobbyists with all their programmable features and low cost.

Does anyone here now how to get this box to work with Select TV? pleas no more cryptic one line responses. If you really know how to do this please just explain it to me.
    Don't think the Select card will work in the slot.
    It might work with a cardreader hooked up to the RS232 port on the back.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    Sorry but the RS232 Port is hard wired into flash etc sequence on a mutant, so I doubt if you'll get a phoenix to work with one.

Thanks

Looks like your out of luck all together then Occams
    Last edited by weirdo; 06-12-08 at 05:26 PM. Reason: spellink

Thanks

Default Relook 200S Cam for Select TV

Thanks for trying to help but it is not really very useful in that form. I cannot just give up on that basis.

This is a programmable Linux box and so is designed to be loaded with appropriate software to operate all its functions. It should be possible to enable the internal card reader by employing the right CAM software for the Select TV card which uses the Irdeto 2 card standard.

What I need to know is where I can get a working cam and how to install and run it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Occams View Post
    Thanks for trying to help but it is not really very useful in that form. I cannot just give up on that basis.

This is a programmable Linux box and so is designed to be loaded with appropriate software to operate all its functions. It should be possible to enable the internal card reader by employing the right CAM software for the Select TV card which uses the Irdeto 2 card standard.

What I need to know is where I can get a working cam and how to install and run it.
    Well sorry to disappoint you mate.
    Let us know when you find a solution so you can teach us.

Thanks

No reason why it shouldn't work.
    I had a Cubecafe 250 that ran a Fox NDS card ok, possibly Aurora too, via internal slot. Don't have the box or files any more though Do recall using the PLI Helenite 30-09-2007 release image on

Thanks

Didn't have any luck with my Aurora goldie in the Mutant. But in saying that, I didn't try that hard with all available images.
    Occams try using Scam as a cam, that might work.

Thanks

Didn't have any luck with my Aurora goldie in the Mutant. But in saying that, I didn't try that hard with all available images.
    Occams try using Scam as a cam, that might work.
    It was working with cccam 1.7 or 1.71

Thanks

Default It Works!!

Well sorry to disappoint you mate.
    Let us know when you find a solution so you can teach us.
    I finally found a solution, from Daniel who sold me the box on eBay. Thanks Mate.

First get the box on-line through its ethernet port and networked to your PC so you can FTP files into the Mutant. I achieved this by bridging the wifi and ethernet ports on my HTPC, and then used a LAN cable from the Mutant to the HTPC. This is a permanent arrangement for me but you only really need it to be on line when setting up.

There are probably several ways of doing it but mine is to load the latest Gemini image, then get (blue button) the following add ons from the Gemini server:
    MgCamd1.31 and NewCS 1.62 install them and make MgCamd1.31/NewCS1.6 the default Cam

That's the easy part. Then you need to FTP in some keys to make it work. I am led to believe that this bit may infringe some IP rights and so I should not post them. So PM me if you are in need and I will tell you how I got them.

Thanks

Great to hear you found a solution Occams.
    Just to show it pays not to give up.

Thanks

Great to hear you found a solution Occams.
    Just to show it pays not to give up.
    Thanks Weirdo. It has been working well for weeks now and I can recommend this set up.

Thanks

*** deleted *** PM instead ***
    Last edited by AJM; 15-01-09 at 07:57 PM. Reason: PM instead