Thread: Chilli Is Going :(

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Default Chilli Is Going :(

I just got a email saying CHILLI internet is closing down and i am now a 3 customer

WTF NOT HAPPY JAN LOL
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Important Facts about the iBurst network closing

FAQ

* When is iBurst closing?
    * Why is iBurst closing?
    * What will happen to my iBurst service?
    * How can I continue to receive a wireless broadband service after the network closure?
    * Do I have to be a Chilli Internet customer to take this deal up?
    * Why choose this offer / 3 as my replacement provider?
    * How do I take you up on this offer.
    * Will my iBurst modem still work?
    * Will you buy back my modem?
    * I am billed soon before the closure of iBurst, will I be refunded for the period I cannot use my iBurst?
    * I am in contract, will I be charged a termination fee?
    * If I take up the special offer from 3 offer will my Chilli Internet plan be cancelled automatically?
    * Will I still be able to use my @chilli.net.au email address?
    * Will I still be able to use my free webspace
    * I have other services with you, what will happen with them (DSL, hosting and UMS).
    * Will there be peak / off peak periods in the new deal?
    * Will I still be able to ‘shape’ my plan?
    * Why is this deal not available in the stores?

When is iBurst closing?

We have been informed by the networks owners that they will be closing the iBurst network down on the 19th of December 2008, Unfortunately this means that no iBurst services will work past this date.

Why is iBurst closing?

Personal Broadband Australia, the wholesale provider of iBurst technology, is a part of Commander which went into Receivership. Chilli was unable to buy the iBurst business and the iBurst service will be discontinued by its owners on the 19th of December 2008. The iBurst frequency has been purchased by an external company and they have decided not to continue the service, unfortunately this means that iBurst can no longer operate in Australia.

What will happen to my iBurst service
    When the iBurst network shuts down on the 19th of December 2008 your service will cease functioning. However we have negotiated an amazing deal with 3 to provide a seamless transition onto their 3G network, to view this unique offer visit or have us call you to take advantage of this offer by providing your best contact details at .
    The fastest and easiest way to take up the 3 offer is to call them on 1300 365 919, or if you are a business customer to contact their business department please call 1300 088 887, remember to mention the ‘Chilli’ deal.

How can I continue to receive a wireless broadband service after the network closure.
    We value our customers’ loyalty and the trust that has been put in Chilli as your ISP, so we’ve been working very hard to secure the best deal in the market to replace your iBurst service.
    After much research and hard work Chilli has selected 3 as its partner to replace iBurst with its award winning Mobile Broadband service.
    We’ve negotiated a deal to replace your hardware and provide you with a unique offer which you can’t even get direct from 3.
    To learn more visit .
    The fastest and easiest way to take up the 3 offer is to call them on 1300 365 919, or if you are a business customer to contact their business department please call 1300 088 887, remember to mention the ‘Chilli’ deal.

Do I have to be a Chilli Internet customer to take this deal up?
    In order to try and get the best deal possible for everyone we have negotiated this deal specifically for our customers and as such this offer is currently only available to Chilli customers (current and previous).
    To have a 3 representative call you to discuss this once off, unique offer that is being offered to you please visit and fill out your details.

Why choose this offer / 3 as my replacement provider?
    We have done the leg work and worked hard to create the best deal for you. 3 has the best network coverage and speed for price available in the market today and we have negotiated a special deal for you (your friends and family) and the best deal on the market today.

If you still aren’t sure check the offer out for yourself at !

How do I take you up on this offer.
    To have a 3 representative call you to discuss this once off, unique offer that is being offered to you please visit and fill out your details.

Don’t forget to send an email to cancellations@chilli.net.au with your account number or iBurst username and requesting that your service be closed so that we can stop billing you.
    Alternatively, your iBurst account will be automatically closed on 19 December 2008 when the network closes if no cancellation email is received.

Will my iBurst modem still work?
    A wireless network is like an invisible road with the data travelling from our systems to your computer via the road (like a car) when the network is shut down it is like blocking that road off so no more cars can travel on it.
    Unfortunately this means that after the network is deactivated on 19 December 2008 no iBurst service will still operate within Australia.

Will you buy back my modem?
    As we cannot buy back any iBurst modems instead we have negotiated with 3 a FREE replacement 3G modem, this means that if you take up the deal that is being offered you will not have to pay anything to replace your existing modem with the more advanced 3G modem.

I am billed soon before the closure of iBurst, will I be refunded for the period I cannot use my iBurst?
    As part of the special deal we’ve negotiated with 3 you will receive 2 months free access in order to smooth the transition from iBurst to 3G and to cover any billing overlap during your transition.

I am in contract, will I be charged a termination fee?
    As the network is closing we have also made an agreement with the iBurst network provider to allow customers to terminate their contract with no penalties, this means that you will not be charged any contract break fees, you will only need to pay any outstanding invoices.

If I take up the special offer from 3 will my Chilli Internet plan be cancelled automatically?
    Unfortunately we cannot cancel your Chilli iBurst plan automatically, even if you take up our fantastic offer with 3. You will need to notify us of your closure request by emailing cancellations@chilli.net.au with your account number and requesting that your service be closed so that we can stop billing you.
    Alternatively, your iBurst account will be automatically closed on 19 December 2008 when the network closes if no cancellation email is received.

Will I still be able to use my @chilli.net.au email address?
    Yes at this time your Chilli email address will continue to function as per usual but technical support for email will not be available.

Will I still be able to use my free webspace
    Yes at this time your free Chilli webspace will continue to function as per usual but technical support for your webspace will not be available.

I have other services with you, what will happen with them (DSL, hosting and UMS).
    All other Chilli Internet services will continue as normal.

Will there be peak / off peak periods in the new deal?
    To allow compatibility with 3’s network the peak / off peak system will not operate with the new 3G deal.

Will I still be able to ‘shape’ my plan?
    To allow compatibility with 3’s network we have increased the data allowance (in most cases) but removed the shaping option.

Why is this deal not available in the stores?
    We have done the hard yards bargaining so that you don’t have to, we have negotiated this bargain with 3 on the 3G service.
    We have negotiated this unique deal on behalf of our customers using their mass buying power to drive the cost down and the plan value up and haven’t yet been able to deliver the offer to retail.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Thanks

Yeah, they have been talking about closing for a few months now.

Thanks

thats interesting commander went into recievership
    become a premium member ---- DO IT NOW!!!!!!
    CFA Member District 9