Thread: can optus wireless Internet be shared

Thanks

Default can optus wireless Internet be shared

OK guys this has me stumped i have 2 laptops 1 i have setup a prepaid optus wireless Internet now i have been trying to network both laptops together to share the Internet but they don't see each other i have loaded network magic but it wont detect the laptop with the optus modem on it network magic does not find a Internet connection is it possible to share this or not
    thanks in advance for any help guys
    IF IT DONT WORK USE A BIGGER HAMMER

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    OK guys this has me stumped i have 2 laptops 1 i have setup a prepaid optus wireless Internet now i have been trying to network both laptops together to share the Internet but they don't see each other i have loaded network magic but it wont detect the laptop with the optus modem on it network magic does not find a Internet connection is it possible to share this or not
    thanks in advance for any help guys
    If it uses a usb connection have used a Draytek router with usb printer port
    The printer port can be changed to accept the wireless usb dongle

Thanks

Go into control panel and change something to allow you to use the computer as a router. I had to do this to a buddys lappy for xBox Live through nextG.

Thanks

yes it uses a usb wireless modem have no idea what setting to change in the control panel if you have any idea would be great
    cheers puca

Thanks

I think it's a box to tick called 'allow other computers to network through this computer'. Sorry, I'm not much help, am I? :P

Thanks

search search search.....

Thanks

thanks for your help guys but i think you are getting me wrong i know how to setup a normal internet sharing over lan that is no problem the problem is with this new wireless modem i have 2 units one is pcmcia which is telstra next g the other is a optus prepaid usb modem no matter what i configure it just does not see it over the network as a internet connection comes up no internet connection found i know it is connected because i am typing here now from it

Thanks

You can share your dialup internet connection with others that are on the same network, you need to connect the notebooks lan port to the hub with all the other computers. Then you need to assinging the notebooks lan port a static IP address in the same range as the other computers, pick one that's not used obvioulsy.

You then need to go to control panel, network connections,and there you you should have a modem dialup connection icon, you then right on the dialup connection icon and select the let others share this connection option.

You then need to set up the other computers to use the notebooks lan port address as the gateway & dns. Or you can let the notebook be the DHCP server and allocate the IP address for the other computers but I though you might already have a router in place.