If this has been asked before and answered I apologise but I have only recently been able to see HD, let alone digital. After all the time, effort and energy used and still needs work done to try to lock in the digital signal, I am fast asking WHY???Do the channels run anything that is advertised or is it only screened in selected or metropolitan areas??
Prime affiliates advertise HD but box's show still SD. And ABC seems to be half way HD (700?). When they do actually show anything, the times are more often wrong. I suppose there is a good technical reason why some programs are full screen and others narrow, which pisses her off no end.
To be honest, if it wasnt for the better quality of signal against my analog, I wouldnt waste the money on it. As for the EPG, its as useless as Teletext, that much vaunted, wonder of the ages in home information Highway that seems to be less than a bushtrack now.I can only say I am glad I bought late and cheap (stb's) and not as usual try to be ripped off buying dear when items are first released. There is something to be said about having to count your pennies first, when you can find any.