Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: political correctness all going to shit

Thanks

Default political correctness all going to shit

With all the stupid political correctness around the place this one in the UK is a classic example of sheer and utter stupidity as far as i am concerned

"A story based on the Three Little Pigs has been banned from an annual school awards in case it offends Muslims... and builders!"

dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    With all the stupid political correctness around the place this one in the UK is a classic example of sheer and utter stupidity as far as i am concerned

"A story based on the Three Little Pigs has been banned from an annual school awards in case it offends Muslims... and builders!"
    Read beyond the headline! If you read the story, it hasn't actually been "banned" at all. It was NOT GIVEN AN AWARD.

Personally i'd like to see the word BANNED BANNED except where it refers to actually banning something...

p.

Thanks

You are right fandtm66, the minority are the loudest nowadays.

Thanks

so the 3 pigs is offensive to muslims, so are ham sandwiches, porky pies, this little piggy went to market, the movie babe, even piggy banks will become obsolete, i am offended by female circumcisim, death by stoning, honour killings, jihad and the koran in general, rudyard kipling
    east is east and west is west

Thanks

I love it. This is more 3 blind mice than three little pigs.

Some bloke doesn't WIN AN AWARD so he goes around screaming that it's political correctness's fault, everyone starts screaming "ohh, yeah, political correctness is bad and this proves it yet again", and then people start piling on to Muslims as though its their fault that this guy didn't win some dumb award for a book that none of us have read and may very well be shite.

I don't think it proves anything about Muslims, but it says a lot about the general unquestioning herd mentality that people are capable of when you press their buttons with an inaccurate headline.

As for the "East is East and West is West" quote have you ever seen where Australia is on a map?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 707 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anyone View Post
    so the 3 pigs is offensive to muslims,
    No one said it was. Some idiots said it might be, but they weren't muslims.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 533 Posts

for a book that none of us have read and may very well be shite.

hope your only including yourself in that statement, maybe u should go and read it.

As for the "East is East and West is West" quote have you ever seen where Australia is on a map?

whats where australia is on the map got to do with it ?
    he was refering to cultures.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    for a book that none of us have read and may very well be shite.

hope your only including yourself in that statement, maybe u should go and read it.
    I don't think you need to read the book to realise that it hasn't been BANNED. Just the article.

whats where australia is on the map got to do with it ?
    he was refering to cultures.
    So, you're saying that in our case east is west?

p.

Thanks

So, you're saying that in our case east is west?
    dont twist things dude u can read, or havent u read any kipling yarns?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 533 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anyone View Post
    dont twist things dude u can read, or havent u read any kipling yarns?
    dont worry about it mate, thats just pollywaffles usual verbal diarrhoea diatribe. lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

I thought the story was dumped because it offended police ?
    They didn't like the implication that they were "little".

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

trash if that was the case wouldn't the wolf be a pig and
    the pig be a ........ lol
    Your a funny man trash
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Thanks

Talking Dearest poiuytrewq

Quote Originally Posted by poiuytrewq View Post
    Last time i looked at a globe i saw that Australia is positioned very much SOUTH ,Downunder from everything (except Antartica), isn't that why we're called the "Great Southern Land" ?

Quick Patriotic Rant:
    To hell with this East and West B/S,We as a nation need to establish our own sense of unique indentity,the government should break up and outlaw all these urban Enclaves/Ethnic Communities etc ,
    and forbid muslims from wearing their robes and veils,stupid looking hats and traditional terrorist beards in public
    (also block satellite reception of Al Jazerra),then enforce a 1 wife only policy for muslim men.
    Force these people to blend in,assimillate and adapt into a mainstream Australian culture and way of life.
    I sort of recall reading something in here recently that mentions "Our Country-You Have the right-the right to leave"!
    . . . Sounds rather straight forward to me

Thanks

They have more than one wife?
    Where do i sign?

Hang on a minute, they have to put up with more than one demanding woman in the house?
    No wonder their blowing themselves up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    Quick Patriotic Rant:
    To hell with this East and West B/S,We as a nation need to establish our own sense of unique indentity,the government should break up and outlaw all these urban Enclaves/Ethnic Communities etc ,
    and forbid muslims from wearing their robes and veils,stupid looking hats and traditional terrorist beards in public
    (also block satellite reception of Al Jazerra),then enforce a 1 wife only policy for muslim men.
    Force these people to blend in,assimillate and adapt into a mainstream Australian culture and way of life.
    I sort of recall reading something in here recently that mentions "Our Country-You Have the right-the right to leave"!
    . . . Sounds rather straight forward to me
    Feel free to exercise your right to leave any time - their are plenty of countries that value what you do. You're views would go down well in a lot of countries without freedom of choice, religion, association, etc - all of which are pretty core Australian values to me.

Have you thought about Saudi Arabia or Iran? You'd love it. They are full of fundamentalists that tell everyone how to live their lives, they ban all clothing that they don't agree with, they tell people where they can and can't live, they ban locals from mixing with foreigners, they penalise people for practicing the wrong religion, they tell men how they should and shouldn't have their beards, they even ban Al Jazeera!

Australia does have a unique cultural identity - it's not mini-Britain or new America. It's made up of people bringing the best bits of cultures from all over the world. Every group of immigrants cops a bit of grief about how they will fit in - going right back to the anglos v. irish, the first wave of Afghanis, the Greeks and Italians and all the southern and eastern Europeans, and more recently migrants from Asia and the middle east.

Each of these groups came with the same scare campaign stuff and the longer they've been here the more ridiculous those dire warnings look. How stupid does it look now to complain about the Irish or the Italians? Even Asian migrants are getting a decent go at it now that everyone is obsessed with the Middle East. All of these communities have brought and built something unique that help makes Australia great.

I love this country. I don't care where you come from as long as your making an effort to build this country up, you're entitled to the same fair go ...

p.

Thanks

Blah Blah.

Thanks

This is getting ridiculous. I find Muslims wearing their headgear offensive, as I can't recognize them if I need to report them to authorities (if they do something wrong). They can even get drivers licenses and ID card photos taken with their gear on. But you can't say that, if you do, the 7 out of every 100 Muslims who are extremists will become violent and fly a plane into you.

Politically incorrect? It's funny when the shoe is on the other foot eh? I hate hearing religious groups complain about discrimination, but then can't cop it when they're the same to us. It's a double standard.

If you want to complain about the way you live in a country you have ADOPTED as your own by living in it, you have every right to leave. If you want to come to Australia/USA/UK/etc and complain about the way WE live... you can *#&@ off back to your own country.

/rant

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by therufus View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. I find Muslims wearing their headgear offensive, as I can't recognize them if I need to report them to authorities (if they do something wrong). They can even get drivers licenses and ID card photos taken with their gear on. But you can't say that, if you do, the 7 out of every 100 Muslims who are extremists will become violent and fly a plane into you.

Politically incorrect? It's funny when the shoe is on the other foot eh? I hate hearing religious groups complain about discrimination, but then can't cop it when they're the same to us. It's a double standard.

If you want to complain about the way you live in a country you have ADOPTED as your own by living in it, you have every right to leave. If you want to come to Australia/USA/UK/etc and complain about the way WE live... you can *#&@ off back to your own country.

/rant

Never a truer word typed.

Vamp
    De
    VK3AWG

All Religions Are Cults Just Some Are More Readily Accepted Than Others.

Thanks

I love this country. I don't care where you come from as long as your making an effort to build this country up, you're entitled to the same fair go ...
    sure but look at the problems they are having in little britain, no one seems to give a toss as we hurl in the same direction

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by therufus View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. I find Muslims wearing their headgear offensive, as I can't recognize them if I need to report them to authorities (if they do something wrong). They can even get drivers licenses and ID card photos taken with their gear on. But you can't say that,
    You can say it. You just did! Who or what stopped you? I am not sure that any of that crap is true (at least in most states in THIS country!) but no one is stopping you from saying it.

if you do, the 7 out of every 100 Muslims who are extremists will become violent and fly a plane into you.
    Obviously you totally made that up. Again, no one is stopping you from inventing crazy shit about Muslims (there are about a billion Muslims in the world last i looked so that would SEVENTY MILLION extremists flying planes by your maths, last i looked there were about a dozen people that had done that - i don't think there are enough PLANES in the world let alone Muslim extremists!). You are totally free to make up crap - the beauty of living in a free country is that no one is stopping you!

And your examples are what exactly?

As far as i can tell bitter, failed white anglo men apparently complaining about EVERYTHING. No one (including me or any Muslims) is stopping them. People are posting links to whinging white people complaining all the time - see the one at the top of this thread. Exactly who or what is stopping that?

Have another read of this thread. The people complaining about this country are born here as far as i can tell. In the entire time i've been @ Austech i don't think i've ever seen a complaint about this country posted here by someone who wasn't...

p.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast