Thread: Thank you for validating Windows

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Thank you for validating Windows

I mustn't have gotten the memo, Was bringing nephews old system back to scratch since I haven't been able to get his new one going (story in another thread). On starting the first thing I saw was the little green star in the system tray, ah yes I remember now, this one has the dreaded XP Pro Corp with FCKGW serial and can't get updates. "Bugger" I thought. Undaunted I launched into Windows update, why, I don't really know. Of course the first thing it did was download the validation software and I thought 'Here endeth the first lesson" Well FMD up popped the dialog "Thank you for taking the time to validate Windows and thank you for using genuine Windows software. Huh! Checked the serial again .. sure enough FCKGW etc. Got the nephew on the phone, No he hasn't run any shonky third party validating software, he hasn't even touched the system for about a year.
    50 odd updates later incl SP3 the system is humming along with no green star and auto updates doing it's thing happily. Was there a memo I missed or has M'$oft found a heart now.

What's your take on it.

2. Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

Default pp

no worriez
    Last edited by WhiteOx; 28-11-08 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Removed serial number
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrRadio View Post

What's your take on it.
    your nephew needs to stop eating butter, its very clear something was done because FCKGW (any many other numbers) are blocked.

Thanks

Talking

I mustn't have gotten the memo, Was bringing nephews old system back to scratch since I haven't been able to get his new one going (story in another thread). On starting the first thing I saw was the little green star in the system tray, ah yes I remember now, this one has the dreaded XP Pro Corp with FCKGW serial and can't get updates. "Bugger" I thought. Undaunted I launched into Windows update, why, I don't really know. Of course the first thing it did was download the validation software and I thought 'Here endeth the first lesson" Well FMD up popped the dialog "Thank you for taking the time to validate Windows and thank you for using genuine Windows software. Huh! Checked the serial again .. sure enough FCKGW etc. Got the nephew on the phone, No he hasn't run any shonky third party validating software, he hasn't even touched the system for about a year.
    50 odd updates later incl SP3 the system is humming along with no green star and auto updates doing it's thing happily. Was there a memo I missed or has M'$oft found a heart now.

What's your take on it.
    same here had a copy of xp,sp2,and its updated to sp3,and getting updates,weird,but im not complaining.lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

better pm me if anyone needs help.
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

Thanks

voted,gl

Thanks

What's your take on it.
    Well here we are 7 days later and he went to update something or other and guess what ... the green star and nag message is back. Methinks they are playing with us.

Thanks

Seems to be random, I've got a white lable copy of vista ultimate. Installed it on my laptop and my mates laptop. Mine has been running flawlessly for 5-6 months, upgrade daily . However, my mates not so lucky... exact same copy of vista (no serial number needs to be entered) and he copped validation issues... Format, re-install TA-DA, no issues.

Thanks

im still getting updates,the valadating patch i used seems to be doing its thing.
    its been over 12 months now,strange,