Thread: Help with installing Call of Duty world at war

Thanks

Default Help with installing Call of Duty world at war

Hi all

I hope this is the right forum to post this?

I successfully downloaded call of duty world at war today onto two disks, and am stuck with installing on the hard drive. I'm a bit lost as this is the first I have attempted to install a game after downloading.

Now that I have the files, I'm presuming that I have to extract these files somewhere to the hard drive then install the game - is this correct.

do I need any proggy apart from winzip or win rar to extact the files and set them up.....

what I'm hoping for is if someone is able to post a blow by blow description of the steps I need to take...

thanks heaps if you can help!
    Democracy & Ignorance = A Winning Combination

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I'm a bit confused, why did you dl to 2 disks,why not dl directly to your HDD.
    The game was released in DL format and I assume your downloaded file is in ISO format, so my suggestion would be to acquire Power ISO Virtua Drive manager and write your ISO directly to a dual layer media.

If your really stuck then PM me and I'll do you a 2:1 trade

Thanks

Need abit more info. How many files do you have and what type are they? ie: Are they rar files (Which would mean there are probably 50 or so files each being 50 or 100meg in size) or are they 2 iso or img files?

If they are the 1st you need to extract them 1st. This will either give you 2 iso or img files or 2 folders containing the setup files.

If they are 2 iso or img files then you have 2 options. The 1st is to burn them to dvdr. 1 iso or img to 1 disc. Then just insert the 1st disc and follow the prompts. The 2nd option is to mount the images with either Alcohol 120 or Daemon Tools and then install as if you have the discs.

Once the game is installed you'll need to browse to the crack folder (Located on the discs or folders where the setup files are located) and copy the cracked exe file to the location where you installed CODAW.

Thanks

If it is a series of rar files, you only need to click the first one, it will find the rest for you.

Thanks

thanks guys, i've been flat out all week and haven't had time to play with the files, but will give em go tonight.

smithster, I'll follow your instructions and let you know how I go.

shara joint -thanks mate will keep you in mind

coops - i managed to work that one out
    Democracy & Ignorance = A Winning Combination

Thanks

pretty much what smithster & shara joint said. it should only be one image file so copy all the rar files to your hdd and extract them. the image will be larger than 4.7gb though so youd need a dual layer disc to burn it. id recommend just using daemon-tools, alcohol 52% or clone drive to mount it and install it. it will most probably be ISO but there are a wide variety of formats but most will work with those apps unless its something odd like .daa which needs poweriso of which im not a big fan

• 02-03-09, 10:01 PM

Reason
    spam

Thanks

Hello everyone. Nice to meet you all.
    Last edited by Hoangtrang; 30-09-09 at 11:34 AM.