Thread: google isnt picking up my site

Thanks

Default google isnt picking up my site

hi all i submitted my site to google about 6weeks ago and it hasnt been picked up yet??? not sure why, i also had the spider visiting every day for about three weeks??????

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

All I put in my pages is the following;

<meta name="robots" content="ALL">
    <meta name="robots" content="index,follow,all">
    <meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days">

for this to work you need to create a TXT file in notepad called "robots.txt" with the following text; then put it in the same directory your index.html is located.

# intellihouse robots.txt (intellihouse is my domain, this is where you enter your own)
    User-agent: *
    Disallow: /cgi-bin/

This has worked for me ever since I created my site, pretty much get all the bots hitting the site.

Thanks

the part where ya enter the domain name is it : or into robot.txt and can you have two domains listed like below:
    # robots.txt
    # robots.txt

and is Keywords used by search engines these days still ??????

<meta name="keywords" content="keyword, keyword, keyword>
    Trust thyself only, and another shall not betray thee.

http://s18.postimage.org/h9xu3rrhx/fb_sevapers.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intelliGEORGE View Post
    All I put in my pages is the following;

<meta name="robots" content="ALL">
    <meta name="robots" content="index,follow,all">
    <meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days">

for this to work you need to create a TXT file in notepad called "robots.txt" with the following text; then put it in the same directory your index.html is located.

# intellihouse robots.txt (intellihouse is my domain, this is where you enter your own)

This has worked for me ever since I created my site, pretty much get all the bots hitting the site.

cheers george, iv resubmmited yesterday but i knew it was something as simple as a few words!

Thanks

Those robots meta tags mean very little.
    If you have no robots metatags the defaults are exactly the same as the ones intelligeorge mentioned. So in effect you are telling the robots what they already assume. (the exception to this is the bullshit revisit after meta tag, which does nothing at all)

If you go into google webmasters tools (easy to find via the google homepage if you have a google account) and upload your site it will give you a means of verifying that you own the site. This is done by creating a page named whatever google wants you to name it, or by adding a meta tag called whatever google wants you to call it and adding it to your index page.

If you verify a site and even add a sitemap (search for a sitemap generator, then type in your URL and it will make one for you), you will be listed within days.

The easier you make it for google the quicker they will do it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rank1 View Post
    Those robots meta tags mean very little.
    If you have no robots metatags the defaults are exactly the same as the ones intelligeorge mentioned. So in effect you are telling the robots what they already assume. (the exception to this is the bullshit revisit after meta tag, which does nothing at all)

If you go into google webmasters tools (easy to find via the google homepage if you have a google account) and upload your site it will give you a means of verifying that you own the site. This is done by creating a page named whatever google wants you to name it, or by adding a meta tag called whatever google wants you to call it and adding it to your index page.

If you verify a site and even add a sitemap (search for a sitemap generator, then type in your URL and it will make one for you), you will be listed within days.

The easier you make it for google the quicker they will do it.

iv done what george told me to do and gues what ? google picked me up yesterday, so im not really sure why it wouldnt pick me up before??

because when i went to put the file in my site folder i found that i had already done something very similar from the advice i had gotten from google,

so im not sure why the stupid google bot kept visiting the site every day for over a month and not pick it up,

The next question is how do i increase my ranking??????????????

Thanks

go to a website like webmasterworld and read. Then work your butt off getting links from highly ranked sites, and getting heaps of unique visitors

Thanks

Yeah its the links back to your site that count.

Also you will find that google does there big upadte about every 14days.. cache and content etc
    For wholesale prices on your wedding gifts visit

Priceless Weddings

Thanks

There are over 170 million web sites active on the Internet containing billions of web pages. Numerous factors can influence your position in search engine rankings.

To be first on Google's list, when you type "the Pink Soup", you need to understand how Google´s spider crawls and collects data about your blog.

Banned
    Thanks

Dear nathj i understand your situation.. You can submit your website to mutiple social bookmarking websites then you will see google comes your site and indexed in database...
    here are some social bookmarking sites:

Now you can submit your site on these website's
    I think these sites are helpful for your need.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nathj View Post
    iv done what george told me to do and gues what ? google picked me up yesterday, so im not really sure why it wouldnt pick me up before??

because when i went to put the file in my site folder i found that i had already done something very similar from the advice i had gotten from google,

so im not sure why the stupid google bot kept visiting the site every day for over a month and not pick it up,

The next question is how do i increase my ranking??????????????

Offer free, original, and quality content on your site. This is the most effective means for increasing traffic to a website; offering people something that they cannot obtain elsewhere, or at least, not to the level of quality that you are offering it. Ways in which to ensure that your content is of higher quality than competitors or is unique include:

Improve your search engine ranking by focusing your content on keywords related to your topic. This is called search engine optimization and will help people find your website when they're searching the Web. Make sure the keywords flow naturally with the text and when you are brainstorming for good words, ask around for words that come naturally to people of all ages when looking for your type of site. To help you understand better, realize that the keywords not only go into headings and page names but also into "meta tags".

Get linked. This is a very important part of website management. Exchange links. Trading links with other websites that are closely related to the subject of your website can bring you more website traffic. These are two-way links because you must provide a link to them, too, and linking to low-quality websites can threaten the credibility of yours. Only link to sites that are dead on topic, and truly help your visitors. Instead of trading links, you could also trade banner ads, half page ads, classified ads, etc.

Be patient. Search engines need a lot of time to index a new website and domain. They need time to index all your content; it's worth the wait and should be factored into your website profitability and/or popularity timeline. In the meantime, continue to add high quality content to your website and keep it up-to-date and relevant.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

just copy this and put it in, change inbetween the " " for each meta tag and change title.
    <title>Stevens Computers|Nelson Bay,New Computer Sales & Repairs|Port Stephens|Website Design|</title>
    <meta name="description" content="nelson bay computers">
    <meta name="keywords" content="nelson bay">
    <meta name="robots" content="index,follow">

do a google vertify
    do a google site map.
    do a notepad with each site page name on it
    eg
    /hardware.php
    save it as sitemap.txt
    upload it through google webmaster account.
    Last edited by Philquad; 11-09-09 at 08:48 PM.
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

• The Following User Says Thank You to Philquad For This Useful Post:

nathj (23-09-09)

Thanks

thanks for the helpful infomation

Thanks

after working away at increasing my web site ranking i found that a search engine submitter is the easiest way to go. saves alot of time too!!!

Banned
    Thanks

thanks for the share

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dodiekaley View Post
    Offer free, original, and quality content on your site.

focusing your content on keywords related to your topic. Make sure the keywords flow naturally with the text and when you are brainstorming for good words, ask around for words that come naturally to people of all ages when looking for your type of site.

Trading links with other websites that are closely related to the subject of your website

linking to low-quality websites can threaten the credibility of yours. Only link to sites that are dead on topic

truly help your visitors.
    These are all great points. In a nutshell, help your visitors with original content.

If you offer something specific of value, something that will help many people, satisfy their need and save them from having to continue looking elsewhere, then you'll do well in the rankings.

Going to other places where those particular people are looking for help, offering some of your assistance there and pointing back to your site for further information will help too.

On the other hand, merely rehashing what is already available elsewhere and then salting dozens of other sites with links back to yours won't work. Every man and his dog tries to do that in order to make money from banner ads, and Google have lots of smarts to filter out such things. It's done primarily by analysing what visitors do once they come across your site. Do they stop and read? Or do they rifle through a few pages and then continue on looking, as though they "still haven't found what they're looking for"?

If you're genuinely helping people, lots of people, that will assure you a decent ranking. But don't try to artificially boost your ranking by conspicuous spamming, eg links to your site in your signature on other forums. Repetitive things like that stick out like dogs' balls and Google is very good at spotting such things. It'll work against you.

A good example of what I'm talking about is 's website. That guy, a writer on neuropsychology, offers a blog full of short essays and observations for free that lots of people are interested in. It gets discussed all over the place in others' blogs, tweets and media interviews. He also has a couple of books for sale which he mentions on his site and his blog, but he doesn't promote them excessively or spam other sites about it. He participates in other related forums too. He welcomes feedback, publishes comments and maintains an easily accessible archive of that discussion. He's developed a profile because of the interesting contribution he makes to his field, and people who like his work revisit his site regularly. As a result if you google for things like "psychology of decision making" or Proust (a french novelist mentioned in the title of one of his books) you'll find him within a page or two of google search. But nothing he does is geared to driving traffic to his site! Look at the source to his site and his blog. It's as clean as a whistle.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I wonder how many hits this thread brings ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    I wonder how many hits this thread brings ?

lol
    maybe a smart guy would post his site meta-tags in the thread?

https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

Banned
    Thanks

Default I am using 8 keywords.......?

I am using 8 keywords.......?of each public page of my site and i have atleast 20 public pages of the site. Can it is correct to use 8 different keywords on single page or i can use total 20 keywords for whole site and use on each 20 keywords for every page of site?I am waiting for reply

• 25-12-09, 02:36 AM

Reason
    Spam

• 07-01-12, 09:15 PM

Reason
    spam