Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: simple receiver

Thanks

Smile simple receiver

hi is anyone aware of a single line receiver type device for testing alarm dialers before install.
    i got caught recently with a tecom that wont default the dialer history. only found out after a please explain call because it sent through 30 events.
    dont want it to happen again.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dazza592 View Post
    hi is anyone aware of a single line receiver type device for testing alarm dialers before install.
    There are a few around. If you have to go this route, contact Neil at NT Software - he moves 2nd hand receivers around for people.

i got caught recently with a tecom that wont default the dialer history. only found out after a please explain call because it sent through 30 events.
    Seems like an expensive approach and hard work carrying a receiver/PBX to site just to unload the event history ?

Would work out a lot cheaper to pickup any model Linksys VoIP adapter for around $50, provision it to use one of our IP monitoring accounts (another $50) and you will get free calls.

I'd be happy to give you a free test account on our demo server if you just want to use it for unloading signals. Otherwise email sales at ipalarms.com.au if you are interested in using the solution commercially.
    Developer of VoIP2Go at ozvoip.net - Alarm compatible VoIP Network

Thanks

30 events, that's not much ?
    Did u have it set for multi alarms and at one point the line was down or something?

There is also the event buffer threshold that u can adjust?

Banned
    Thanks

A bit extreme, why not do a upload, default, and download? Only about 5-10 mins and costs nothing...

Thanks

punch in a different account number and send the events to someone else.

Thanks

Balun is right on the money, i could give out a number of control room receiver numbers that you could send your junk to. LOL

There was a guy on this site talking about building a hand held receiver a couple of years ago, some one also mentioned that they had a program to receive contact id on their laptop.

I myself had a hand held receiver when i was with Wormald which would read back the phone no, and hi-speed or contact id string. Unfortunately i had to hand it over to Chubb after the buy out, I,d be surprised if anyone at Chubb knew what to do with it..

Is Suretec still around, his mob may make something that you /a lot of techs would require.??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalboy View Post
    Balun is right on the money, i could give out a number of control room receiver numbers that you could send your junk to. LOL

There was a guy on this site talking about building a hand held receiver a couple of years ago, some one also mentioned that they had a program to receive contact id on their laptop.

I myself had a hand held receiver when i was with Wormald which would read back the phone no, and hi-speed or contact id string. Unfortunately i had to hand it over to Chubb after the buy out, I,d be surprised if anyone at Chubb knew what to do with it..
    Hand held receiver emulator. I've got one but hardly ever used it. It was a lot easier just to put a butt on the line and listen in to it talking to a real receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by kalboy View Post
    I bet they are still the same numbers that have been used for years and years.

Thanks

i wonder if this would do the job.
    like you say a receiver is a bit big to use in the field.

i found the event buffer limit after this happened
    i also had a talk to das and they confirmed what i thought that the default history command in the menu should have removed all the previous events so looks like i have to send the pannel for test and repair.
    no wonder i dont like using second hand pannels but it will probably become more common now everyone wants to save a dollar.
    thanks for the replys

Thanks

I could be wrong but deleting history only deletes the history events and does not clean out the comms buffer. The only thing that clears the comms buffer is defaulting the panel.
    Anyway, I like balun idea best and depending on which cms it goes to it could be hours before it gets actioned.

Thanks

i wonder if this would do the job.
    I used to be in touch with the guy that wrote this. I don't think he has done anything with it since 2004 when we lost touch.

Anyway, I would be really interested to find the "REVERSE" of the product you are looking for. I would be interested in a peice of kit or software that could dial up a telephone number and send a Contact ID signal to a receiver. Not just any signal, but a signal that it is provided by some other software.

We have situations where customers are wanting to use modern technology (IP/GPRS) to send signals to their CMS, but their CMS won't accept anything other than signals over PSTN. We are looking at receiving their signals over IP/GPRS and forward them on to their CMS via PSTN.

Is there a panel out there that is clever enough to do something like this ?

Thanks

Why on earth would you want to do that? .... I am trying to think of a reason but just cannot think of one. If the CMS can/will only receive signals over PSTN move your clients to a CMS that will receive ip/gprs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ArjanH View Post
    Why on earth would you want to do that?
    The clients in question belong to bureaus. The bureaus are our clients and sometimes they want to use our IP/GPRS solutions but their CMS is stuck in the dark ages. Sometimes the bureau will not change CMS

We are the "man in the middle" if you like.

Gulargambone, Western Plains, NSW, Australia.
    Thanks

Try this (for Tecom):
    Set the communication type as type 12. This is probably undocumented in your manual.
    It is a walk test format which sends out CID without waiting for dial tone, or dialing any number.
    I am not sure if this will empty the dialer memory, but I feel it should.
    There haven't been any problems when I do this on the bench.
    Just don't forget to reset the comms type when finished.
    Last edited by muddy0409; 05-12-08 at 02:21 PM. Reason: correction

Thanks

today i had the need to find out the "subscriber ID "of a panel that had been off line for years, I rang our control room and chatted about the weather, then proceeded too send tampers and alarms from previously "dead" panel. I could hear the messages coming to her screen so enquired about the ID, guess what 7079 allowed me into program mode.. LOL (saved me throwing the panel into the bin.)

Thanks

Default FE

I have several FE Recievers that I would be more than happy to let people borrow, I can give you the Phone numbers, then you can telnet into the device to have a look what is coming in...

If that would help anyone let me know...

ReD

Thanks

i just ring the control room at tell them before put the panel online. never had a problem.

Thanks

Just a question, how was this panel reporting to the control room? PSTN or IP ?

Gulargambone, Western Plains, NSW, Australia.
    Thanks

I have heard of a simple device that plugs onto a panel phone plug and into your Laptop running terminal software and it will answer the panel and display the relevent messages on the laptop. About cigarette packet size. Do you want me to chase up some more info for you?

Thanks

sounds interesting Muddy wouldnt mind one of those myself

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by muddy0409 View Post
    I have heard of a simple device that plugs onto a panel phone plug and into your Laptop running terminal software and it will answer the panel and display the relevent messages on the laptop. About cigarette packet size. Do you want me to chase up some more info for you?
    If you follow this up and if it is available buy a hundred as we will all be lining up to buy them from you. Great idea as I use an older type base emulator which has been modified for contact ID Format.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast