Thread: VHS to DVD help please

Thanks

Default VHS to DVD help please

Hi,
    I have a work related health vhs video that we need copied to a dvd but keep getting the copyright protected message on the tv screen from the dvd recorder. The company who made the original video no longer exist and the nurses value this particular recording. Is there anyway around this problem so that I can record this video onto dvd?? All help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Pam

Look Here ->
    Thanks

either a macrovision removal device plugged between the video in and video out (try jaycar)

or a PC based TV Tuner capture card that doesn't check for the copy protection bit in the vertical blanking pulse

or try capturing via the RF Aerial input of the dvd recorder - plug VCR rf out into dvd recorders aerial input and tune the dvd recorders analog tuner to the VCR rf output channel - i.e. VHF channel 0 or 1 or if its a more modern VCR then UHF channel 28 or whatever its been set to

hope that helps...

Thanks

pam I'm no expert, and someone that is may have a better answer, I'd say it the VHS tape has macrovision protection encoded on it.

It should be possible to get around it, with something called a Video Enhancer and Stabiliser (or similar), or using a capture card on a PC.

As these options involve cost, you might be able to ask around your friends etc, someone might be able to 'loan' you one.

Thanks

is a great website for guides

Thanks

Thanks heaps for your help. Have just bought a video audio capture adapter on ebay - hope that's right Hopefully will work it all out but if not, I'll be back
    Thanks again
    Pam

Thanks

if not buy the cheapest DVD recorder on offer... something Chinese and of an unknown brand, these usually allow you to record from VHS to DVD without any issues.

In the back of a 50 kW AM broadcast transmitter
    Thanks

The "Dr Video" unit (comes as a kit) from Jaycar works very well. It removes macrovision (the anti-copy system that is used on VHS cassettes) and it also cleans up the sync pulses, video etc.

Thanks

Thanks again for all the help. I ended up buying a USB 2.0 TV DVD Video Audio Capture Adapter and it worked beautifully. I bought it on ebay and it ended up costing $28.99 (only because they overcharged a lot on postage) - the item itself cost $15.99. I did look at Jaycar but the cheapest thing they could offer was $99.
    I used AVS video capture to record it and then windvd to convert to dvd.
    Hope this info helps someone else too.
    ta
    Pam