Thread: Information available on Mobile phone records

Thanks

Default Information available on Mobile phone records

I understand your mobile phone call records are public info to police and other govt agencies that want them.

So when a call is made what exact fields are recorded?
    Date and time ,number called ,duration,cell address at start and others if moving,and yourphone number would be mandatory I suppose .

How about your phones IMEI or other simm card or phone fields? anyone know?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Not sure about that one..

Dont know how they would track the first lot of optus and telstra PrePaids, coz you didnt need legit details to register them. My Telstra Communicate Sim was registered as Bob Brown, 13 browns road, Brownsville , Brownalia 7325

Bit different nowadays with the need to use license number or Some other legit detail. that they can confirm

Thanks

I believe the police need a court order to access any of that type of info.

Thanks

I don't know if this is of any use, but I did a google search as I was interested in this and I came across this article from the Alternative News Network website: and I found this quite interesting to read.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thefonejunkie View Post
    I believe the police need a court order to access any of that type of info.
    Well I don't think so in Queensland and I doubt it in NSW
    However it is naive to believe they don't get what they want when they want it . The Magistrates are , in the large part , ex Police Prosecutors with a very strong bias toward their former Police Officer buddies.

Recent Terrorism law has stupidly given them open slather.

However my question was not if they get it or not but what information fields are available to whosoever gets those records .

What name you registered your phone in is irrelevent. The records are tied to your sim card phone number so if you are proved to be using that phone card the records would be assumed to be yours. makes the case for many and varied sim cards does it not?

Thanks

Well looks like no more activity here but one question then that someone may know

Does the phone transmit the IEMI code with every call or in any way at all?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tytower View Post
    Well looks like no more activity here but one question then that someone may know

Does the phone transmit the IEMI code with every call or in any way at all?
    i have been told every called made and received it is sent

Thanks

100% yes, your imei is transmitted and recorded.

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

I am curious why do you care if the police or security services can get that info for which a warrant is required in most cases.

Perhaps the only exception to requiring a warrant would be for terrorism related matters and then only if delaying the matter would risk an event or escape of the offenders.

Even then the temporary warrant would need to be authorized by a senior person who must answer to the courts for any abuse and substantiate why it was so urgent.

Thanks

Hey
    i think they dont need the warrant anymore, certain departments like ASIO dont need to have authorization. But other police departments would need to get it approved.
    WBR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SystemRat View Post
    I am curious why do you care if the police or security services can get that info for which a warrant is required in most cases.

Perhaps the only exception to requiring a warrant would be for terrorism related matters and then only if delaying the matter would risk an event or escape of the offenders.

Even then the temporary warrant would need to be authorized by a senior person who must answer to the courts for any abuse and substantiate why it was so urgent.
    You may wish to sit with your head in hole. Thats your choice and I respect your right to do that. I fear you are ill informed and naive at present on this matter

I however like to know whats going on about me .

To answer your curiosity ,I am designing a personal recording system to attach to mobile phones and my area of production is the programming which will be done in "D" and will hopefully be pretty progressive stuff. So I am looking at the database requirements..

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tytower View Post
    You may wish to sit with your head in hole. Thats your choice and I respect your right to do that. I fear you are ill informed and naive at present on this matter

I however like to know whats going on about me .

To answer your curiosity ,I am designing a personal recording system to attach to mobile phones and my area of production is the programming which will be done in "D" and will hopefully be pretty progressive stuff. So I am looking at the database requirements..
    That’s good if your interest is in designing such a system as it sounded like something else.

In the past mobile phones where a very useful tool in helping catch drug dealers and the like. Unfortunately a lot of these people now know this with some of the methods which were then secret in the past are now showing up in television dramas and the like.

Conversely I can see where someone like a newspaper reporter might be rightly concerned if for example they had a source leaking information to them that the government of the day wanted silenced as happened here in Victoria when Premier Brack’s lied about building a freeway with no tolls.

Happily the source of that leak was never caught even though they tried very hard to find him, she or it. I am more than happy to see drug dealers and terrorists come unstuck big time but I have a lot of respect for people who leak the truth as in the toll road case.

Re my head being in a hole well maybe your right I lead a very boring life re phone calls and I could not give a rats if one of the many agencys eligible to take out intercept warrants had a look at who calls me or who I call.