Thread: PDA Recomendation

Thanks

Default PDA Recomendation

Hi ALL,
    i had an atom life pda now DEAD. just after some recommendation of what's out there, the atom life was pretty quick not sure about htc, hp etc...

Tia
    1x Dm7000, 2x Dm500 SD
    11-11-11 - NOW PoxBox
    ------------------------

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Use HTC,I-Mate for PDA an Smartphone,All Good,Windows Mobile based an plenty surport an apps,on the web,as per all modern an near modern models off all! Battery life an charge problems always prevail in all makes an models.HP stuff especially from past an present experience.I would look for battery,charge replacement costs,access,support an homepage web ,download support for anything new,before I purchased these days?
    Anyway how is your unit dead??No ,on/off start,battery problem?,no charge?or something more serious as dropped,water/liquid damage?or stuck in Rom startup error or such?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickove View Post
    Use HTC,I-Mate for PDA an Smartphone,All Good,Windows Mobile based an plenty surport an apps,on the web,as per all modern an near modern models off all! Battery life an charge problems always prevail in all makes an models.HP stuff especially from past an present experience.I would look for battery,charge replacement costs,access,support an homepage web ,download support for anything new,before I purchased these days?
    Anyway how is your unit dead??No ,on/off start,battery problem?,no charge?or something more serious as dropped,water/liquid damage?or stuck in Rom startup error or such?
    hi rickove,
    thanks for the info still researching alot to choose from.
    my atom life was working perfectly only had it for 4weeks (eBay) then notice battery was getting VERY hot this only started 2day's ago, i changed the battery same thing fone still works till yesterday now won't firer up at all but will charge the battery tho lol. have tested the battery on my xda no prob
    1x Dm7000, 2x Dm500 SD
    11-11-11 - NOW PoxBox
    ------------------------

Thanks

iPhone.

Thanks

Yurr! iPhone till you get battery,charge problems with that!see who will fix it?Ha!Nice Tho!for now!

Thanks

HTC universal Looks pretty good but alittle on the large size

Thanks

Yep!Bling!,BlinG!Big screen!all them nice big wallpapers,screensavers everybody notice!

Thanks

im using a htc tytn 2 (for te KB when im driving... ) but i cant complain... 5 days wthout charging, using GPRS for net, wifi constantly on, about 15hours talk time before i need to charge...

Thanks

Smile A hidden Jem

If you are after a pda or pocket pc without phone, this is worth looking at.
    At christmas I got a HP ipaq rx4540 and it is great. Though it was origially marketed as a multimedia device, it is much more than that. It has wifi and bluetooth and allthough the sreen is not the bigest, it is verry clear and easy to read. It has 128mb ROM and a built-in 1gb storrage. It also takes sd/ sdio cards (I have been using 2gb sd cards). I use wifi at home or at hotspots for internet, and buetooth it to my nextG phone when away from wifi hubs. I also use a bluetooth GPS receiver with it running oziexplorer or tom tom 7 and my aviation flight program - pocket FMS, (plenty of space on the sd card). Add to that the built in windows media player for my music and vids, it as been great

Thanks

Oh yeh, forgot to add, you can get large capacity batteries with extended battery cover, and the price for these units at ebay or online is usually pretty good.

Thanks

I've had an HTC Touch Diamond for the last few months, and I'm in love with it. It's not too big, has the VGA screen, built in GPS, wireless etc...and runs really fast...and with the custom ROMs on XDA, these things are just fantastic

Thanks

I've had an HP IPAQ rx5765 for the last 18 montyhs, 3rd PDA I've owned. It goes everywhere with me. The GPS is invaluable and the media playback is excellent. Though it occasionally drops the beat when playing music and using the GPS.

More importantly, I've dropped it on concrete about three times from around chest height (I'm 6ft tall) and on one occasion where I tried to catch it with my foot. I accidentally kicked it in to the neighbours yard where it bounced off a brick wall and landed on concrete.

It works perfectly to this day.

Highly recommended.

edit: forgot the battery life. I get about 10 hours of video playback. More for anything else (except GPS)

E.E.

Thanks

I have done a lot of searching about the HTC PDA Diomand,HD etc and they all have crapp GPS chip sets in them and they freeze up in street or walking mode not good for the GPS side of things but the rest of the phone is great.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Asus units are well worth the money ( unless your wife borrows it and smashes it )

Thanks

htc touch pro. imo the best PDA with a keyboard =]