Thread: Irdeto imbedded pvr

Thanks

Default Irdeto imbedded pvr

Can any one reccomend an Irdeto 2 embedded PVR ?? I have just bought a Ditrex off E bay and it freezes regularly using a couple of ner Irdeto CAMS and a Smart Wi splitter from Mad Cow.

I am trying to find something more reliable than my old Reelook 300s twin tuner and my Xtreme 520 PVR both about 3 years old now. Using a Gamma in the smart wi. I have a new Strong 458x blind scan and it works a treat with the gamma and the smart wi no hang ups at all . Seems the embedded Irdeto 2 is the trick as opposed to the CAMs
    I would look forward to the forums' comments
    Tks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rampant1 View Post
    Can any one reccomend an Irdeto 2 embedded PVR ??
    Unless you subscribe to Austar's Mystar PVR, there are no embedded Irdeto Licenced PVR's available.

Have a look at the Mediastar's and . They will do both Satellite and Terrestrial you can record up to 4 from same TP or 2 of same sat TP and 2 of same Terrestrial TP, watch any of them or from the hard drive library all at the same time. one Irdeto SCM purple cam is included. You can buy them from Harvey Norman or simply Google DW820 or DW 8022 you'll find discount resellers.

If you have an LCD or plasma TV with HDMI or DVI input you can't go passed the 8022 HDMI PVR. You can set the output via HDMI control menu to 576p 720p or 1080i it’s the only box to upscale sat and terrestrial to HD. Awesome picture quality.

Another great feature is the weekly EPG now available from most Terrestrial and Selectv. Simply point and select from the weekly program list and the MS will make an entry into the timer schedule to be recorded. Recording will fire even if the box is n standby.

I have just bought a Ditrex off E bay and it freezes regularly using a couple of ner Irdeto CAMS and a Smart Wi splitter from Mad Cow.Tks
    Check you cam, there're currently 2 brands, SMIT not really suitable for PVR's, you get hiccups on playback. The biggest challenge for PVR's is the playback of scrambled recordings. When you are viewing a pay channel and recording another pay at the same time, the recording is scrambled because the card was used to let you view the pay ch hence it was not available to descramble the recording. The MS boxes have a descrambling function, you can make a descrambled copy of the scrambled file, viewable without a card. The original scrambled file is automatically deleted.

The SCM purple cam seems most stable for PVR's.

Understanding PVR can be somewhat overwhelming, never the less once you get your head around it you’ll find it rewarding.

ps 1 click underline text for more info.
    Ps 2 Admin should open a new thread for PVR’s

Thanks

Manhattan Blind Search Plaza ST 350 PVR? Not sure how they wll go with a gamma?

Thanks

topfield works
    dont know if they still make them?

Thanks

I have the Mediastar 820. Woked with a whitey. Got 7 day EPG working with it which made it even better. Looked into Topfield but they no longer have an aussie distributor so have to look overseas (popular in European market)

Thanks

Default Media star 8022 with a white pointer

Acejas, i have recently acquired a MS 8022 DW and the purple cam that comes with it however it has 3 problems.
    Using a whitey through a Smart Wi splitter
    It will not load Box Office channels on auto and then you load one manual it loads it but will not display it when searched .
    When recording on sat channel with unit not being viewed it freezes and gives an E30 error message.

Additionally on Setana sports it loads the channel however gets an error message No Audio ?

The Terrestial side of the unit is ok but the sat side is very dissapointing .

Is there any firm ware fix ?

Appreciete any input

Cheers,

Thanks

Acejas, i have recently acquired a MS 8022 DW and the purple cam that comes with it however it has 3 problems.
    Using a whitey through a Smart Wi splitter

Additionally on Setana sports it loads the channel however gets an error message No Audio ?

Appreciete any input
    Cheers,
    Had simular issues with card splitters. they don't work well with PVR's, they require maximum card response, ATR must get immediate response which doesn't always come via Smart Wi .

Also search by " Network " is essential for the box to load all the network pid information. if you haven't done so, do a Factory reset and download the channels again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    Unless you subscribe to Austar's Mystar PVR, there are no embedded Irdeto Licenced PVR's available
    there will be very shorty,i beleive it will about 200 gig hd but not hdmi
    price will be around $350 mark