Thread: Banned Xbox 360 game NOW on sale at EB Game store !!!!

Thanks

Default Banned Xbox 360 game NOW on sale at EB Game store !!!!

As present that I am the Australian Xbox 360 player who have original USA version Xbox 360 console unit marked 'NTSC/U' at home, and collects about a dozen USA version NTSC/U games including 'Fallout 3' imported from USA via e*ay. Okay, so very strangely incident to note that the OFLC has banned the original USA uncut version Xbox 360 game titled " SOLDIER OF FORTUNE : PAYBACK' which that is totally banned in Australia for excessive violence with lots of blood-letting scenes that wasn't found in modified Aust. version with rated 'M15+'. Okay, if you are very badly want it on your hand at nick of time rather than visiting e*ay's, then you're in biggest luck ever !!! I visited EB Games in Somerville store and spotted the USA version of 'SOLDIER OF FORTUNE : PAYBACK' with original ESRB marked 'M' along with original manual booklet with same ESRB tag 'M' on it and the NTSC/U disc. I bought that second-handed item for $59:95, and go home and played it. Of course, the scene of the 'SOF:P' appears to be very bloodish violent blarin' war game ever shown. Well, say enough, but still continues there and there in the other Victorian EB stores that again sellin' same USA version of 'SOF:P' game which currently selling, second-handed, which it's price has dropped to $34 at Frankston and Melbourne where I visited there today !!! You are in big chance to claim that imported title which the Aust. version still being on sale as normally. Has OFLC ignored the imported version and left it on the Aussie game shelves and made their day to banned it already ??!!!??
    The seven great mythical transponders of Intelsat 8's
    Ku-Band tranmission is wearing the six main solid rings.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Wow where do I start........

Firstly Solider of Fortune Payback did get revised and released in Australia

I dont know what got removed from the game but its probably the graphic kills.

As for the import copies. Well firstly its customs that are supposed to stop import copies coming into the country, generally they sieze the goods if they find them and maybe let you know about it. Generally though its a rarity for this to happen because of the large numbers of good that come into the country. It is NOT the job of OFLC to do this, they just rate based on the rules they are given (unlike the Review board). So customs missed a few...

As for the next part about EB selling US based games. This is not illegal in Australia, however as these games have been given RC that would be illegal, and thus EB are breaking the law. I would also expect that if Microsoft knew about the selling of import copies of the games they wouldn't be happy about it because it breaches the agreements that sellers of hardware usually sign with the manafacturers. EB could be in a lot of crap with multiple points if they were found out, but most people who work in EB are so dumb they dont realise this (including managers!).

So thats the facts. BUT here is the biggest lot of them all. For EB or other used game stores to get busted they have to be caught. That means a law enforcement official (and I believe with this it has to be a Fedral one) has to catch EB selling illegal games. The Feds have better shit to do than run around grabbing games that should have an R rating than a RC, and thus they dont really care too much if EB is selling these games. If you are really peeved by it you can contact the Australian customs office closest to you. However, I regularly see ads for RC games in the paper, and other sale sites.
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks

Thanks for your inquires and answers. Well, I am too keen to have the 'Pre-rated' games being availabled on sale shelves in EB stores here. Why don't you try to grab it for just AU$34 per ESRB-rated 'M' version before it's too late ? Go for it, mate !!! Well, at the other website which showing better info of all Banned Video Games by OFLC which find you absolutely conviction with it's depth information. Pay a good visit there -

Thanks

I know about the RC site, and there are many other like it (though that site is the best and a bloody good source of info). I follow the politics of classification a fair bit, and have made comments on this forum when its been time for gamers to take action in demanding an R rating.

I actually dont believe that EB games or any other store should have pre-rated games on the shelves, and I would be suprised if there are many games that could appear here before a rating because Australia usually gets their ratings done before games are released in Australia (they dont always get added to the database straight away, Fallout 3 is a fine example).

Personally I dont care too much for the SOF game, so I'll leave it on the shelves. I'm more worried about future game releases (Fallout 3 was a fine example of a game I feared wouldn't come out), plus I would like to see an R rating so some of the more violent games move into that category.
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks

Well, anyone within this Austech forum, as if you've already bought the above mentioned item 'SOF:P' game of USA original version from EB Games store, etc, within Australia - Then please give your comments and thoughts here, thanks. CFL.