Thread: Problem with Channel 10

Thanks

Default Problem with Channel 10

I have had a new Samsung 46" LCD for about a year now and since the last few weeks I have lost my channel 10 (both SD & HD). When I re-tuned all my channels it didnt find channel 10 so now it is completely gone from my list.

I thought maybe our antena on our roof my be a bit old and just cant catch, but when I switch to my DVD-Recorder(which has a SD tuner in-built) channel 10 catches fine. Could it possibly be my Samsung has a fault for not catching 10? Or is there possibly any other problem it might be?

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Could be a number of things.

Firstly, if you do a channel scan and the signals are too low or have high bit errors, the tuner will not lock onto it.

The same if you have already stored a channel and the signals have dropped below the 'digital cliff edge".

Do you have the antenna connected directly to your screen, or looped through another device first? (this often causes problems).

What signal strength & quality readings are you getting on your channels? Keep in mind STB/tuners signal measurements are notoriously innacurate.

Where are you located? If you are in a metro area, how's ABC digital?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Could be a number of things.

Firstly, if you do a channel scan and the signals are too low or have high bit errors, the tuner will not lock onto it.

The same if you have already stored a channel and the signals have dropped below the 'digital cliff edge".

Do you have the antenna connected directly to your screen, or looped through another device first? (this often causes problems).

What signal strength & quality readings are you getting on your channels? Keep in mind STB/tuners signal measurements are notoriously innacurate.

Where are you located? If you are in a metro area, how's ABC digital?

I'm at work atm so I will tell you what I can:

* my channel 10 started getting a signal of around 45 and sometimes the bit error level would jump between 3-6. Eventually there was No signal at all and max bit error level before I re-scanned for channels (then it disappeared)

* I have one antena socket which I use a splitter on so I can connect my TV and my DVD recorder (has its own SD tuner inside) to the one socket

* Located in Sydney Metro about 13km from CBD

As I was saying its weird because when I watch TV through my DVD recorder Channel 10 is fine, no errors at all.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Try connecting the Tv directly to the antenna outlet, without any splitting.

13k's from CBD.... which suburb?

If it's north, (close to the transmitters) you may actually have too much signal, causing bit errors from overload.

Some digital tuners handle bit errors better than others.

Thanks

Default Channel 10 Problems

Hi,

How did you end up fixing this problem, I have the same TV with the same problem but I also have foxtel. Your help would be appreciated

THanks