Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with locating satellites with dreamax and Joysat St-7.5

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Talking C Band Set Up Tutorial.

G'Day Cobber,
    Just remembered that I have this C band set up tutorial since we last saw you. It should make life easier for you.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beer4life View Post
    I have noted with concern that in your first post you state that your cable is 75 Ohm, less than 50 Metres. You should be using Quad shielded 50 Ohm cable for minimum losses.
    It's true that thick 50 ohm cable is less and can be beneficial in some installations, especially where the signal is very weak and the dish is a long way from the receiver. I followed that advice years ago when pursuing a marginal signal, but eventually cracked the shits with the cable because it was so inflexible and awkward to use. I ripped the cable out and replaced it with good quality quad shield 75 ohm RG6, good quality connectors, a superior quality LNB and tuner. And got better results.

For most hobbyists I suggest
    • use good quality RG6 quad shield, eg stuff with "foxtel approved" printed on it
    • invest in a good quality LNB
    • use decent F connectors: compression ones are best but crimp ones are OK. Do not use twist connectors!
    • use self-amalgamating tape on LNB connector for waterproofing
    • take care not to kink or crush the cable

Quality of receiver can also make a difference since some tuners are more sensitive than others. Dreamax is a very cheap shitty receiver. It's good enough for most things but at some point you'll probably want to get something better.

Thanks

Thanks

The tutorial is a great help. I dont have any problems with signal but i will definitly be looking at buying a new decoder.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12