Thread: How to disable modchip (Apple 75K)

Thanks

Default How to disable modchip (Apple 75K)

Hi Guys,
    My Slim PS2 is fitted with an Apple75K chip and I'm try to play V8 supercars online, but when I log in I get the message "DNAS Error 402". From my research so far, I suspect this error has something to do with the presence of the modchip despite the fact I'm using an original game disc.

Now, according to the modchip instructions I should be able to disable the modchip for online play, but despite this, I keep getting the above error message. I'm thinking that perhaps I'm not disabling the chip correctly. Can someone please confirm the correct proceedure for turning the modchip off.

Thanks,
    Regards GavinSV

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Further to my previous, I'm thinking about installing an external switch on my playstation to turn off the power to the modchip. I'm wondering though if an unpowered IC hanging off the PS2 motherboard would have any undesirable effects on it. -Has oneone else tried this or have any other thoughts on this matter. -Thanks

Thanks

off memroy , I think you hold the reset button until the 'blue clouds' appear on the screen
    If you want to hard wire a switch it will make no difference to how the machine works if you do a switch to the power

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozchips View Post
    If you want to hard wire a switch it will make no difference to how the machine works if you do a switch to the power
    Well I tried disconnecting the power to the modchip and it fixed the DNAS error, however I found that Intermittantly the Console wouldn't startup when I pressed the reset button. The only way to fix it was to drop the DC power lead from the console and re-connect it.

I suspect that the unpowered chip hanging off the main board was upsetting the consoles reset hardware.