Thread: hills uhf antennas

Thanks

Default hills uhf antennas

hi guys.

im putting a new uhf antenna on my grandmothers shed. she lives in moonta which is about 115-120 kms from pt pirie and i like the tmx antennas better as they have f plugs on.

to get the best reception on abc digital(38), GTS 4 Digital(44) Ten(44) and SBS(?) all Band 5

which out of the Hills TMX16WB UHF Antenna 8-13DB Gain & Hills TMX 18B5 UHF antenna 10-14 DB Gain appx would you think would be better for the moonta area as when i go into the abc website they have maps of reception coverage and i moonta is in the blue area for good and there is also a yellow area for best reception.

any wiring diagrams would be good

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Best and quickest way is to first see what everyone else is using and if your gran has neighbours, ask them what their reception is like.
    Most people will help when you tell them why your asking.
    Also height, direction,polarity all play a big part.
    Does your Grans house have a clear view of the transmission site, if not whats in the way?
    There is no such thing as overkill regarding antennas or cable, get the best you can afford, do it right the first time and you wont have to worry about it again for a long time.
    As for type F connectors, they are no better than the old saddle clamp connection if they are not properly waterproofed. I had this brought home recently with a poorly installed F connectors on a satelitte Internet LNB that water entered and put me off air for 3 weeks.

Thanks

Hello Ford, Your local Wholesale Electrical Supplier is your best source to which TMX product is best for you. Normally they only stock the Unit which performs best in your area. TMX 16 WB is the only stocked UHF Aerial for our area. Great Value for money $65.00 Wholesale plus any additional fittings ( Mast + Cantilever arm to help the magpies in the morning).

Gordon is spot on with his advice also. Good Luck

BTW When installing keep in mind that the elements are razor Sharp on the TMX Range.