Thread: Dodo dialup terminology

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Dodo dialup terminology

On Wednesday 11 Dec I signed up for the one month No contract time,no download, no session times dialup internet for $12.90.
    Part of the deal was that Dodo must be notified 14 days before your month expires otherwise they bill you for another month.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with that and it worked well except for tying up the phone line and getting booted when you forget to turn off 'Call Waiting'.
    Finally on December 22 my sateliite internet was restored so I rang DoDo and said, 'BYEE, thanks but thats it', 'Cancel the service', I am going back to my satelitte connection.VERY WRONG comment !!!
    But on Thursday 1 Jan 1 lost the sateliite for some reason and being a Public Holiday everyone was closed so I thought that I still have about 9 days dialup left, I would use that.
    WELL, no chance as it told me my dialup was either suspended or cancelled.
    Again, a Public Holiday so no customer service.
    I rang Dodo today to have a bit of a whinge but it seems that as I told them I was going back to the satelitte and I used the word 'Cancel' which I meant I would not be requiring the internet after the expiry date,they cancelled my connection there and then !!!
    I did hint they should refund me about $6 but I dont think they understand the word 'Refund' whatever country the help line works from.
    I actually signed up about 11.30pm and Dodo was quite happy to charge me for the full day but not so keen to refund.
    So, for anyone thinking of using Dodo or any other service for whatever reason, when you decide to end their service, there is no need to tell them why and dont use the word 'Cancel' and to insist that you want the connection available untill the due expiry date, after all you have paid for it in advance.
    You live and you learn, dont you??

Look Here ->
    Thanks

cut your losses and run...
    dodo is one of the worst companys ive ever had the experience dealing with.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

urban, I thought I had it covered by saying what I did both when I signed up and when I rang to end the deal but as I said, I used the wrong words and didnt clearly advise them not to cancel it there and then.
    The dialup worked as well as any dialup does and it was by far the cheapest that I know of.
    But I will be keeping a close eye on my bank account around the 11th of the month to make sure they dont try to access it.
    Oh, and I did get 2 discount cards for services not available for at least 100 miles in any direction...............................

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

next time try beagle dialup....

Thanks

Dodo is a Dontdo they Suk all of ur service calls went to Singapore they ripped me off a while ago but got them Nailed by the TIO for breach of contract and got just over $600 refunded back to me n I thought Te@stra was bad.....Never again

Thanks

Now u will get a string of lovely,nuisance services calls at all mealtimes reminding you of all the great deals dodo has ,for your future internet,mobile,homeline bundles at exceptional savings from some offshore dodo telemarketer for some time to come?HA! with a mouth full of spuds n peas at tea time/get stuffed!

Thanks

And if u do get that lovely string of Spam Calls from dodo when u have left them register on the donotcall.gov.au n nail them again that way.