Thread: Softcams

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 742 Posts

Default Softcams

Softcams

Would like to know a couple of basic things here.
    I see where we use a 'local' softcam and 3 files are required to be placed in the correct folders on a Dreambox. /var/keys
    Now I have those 3 files, being softcam.key, autoroll.key and constant.cw

My question is basically where I see another softcam on the 'net' which may have the 'key' that I could use, can I just substitute the softcam.key file and away I go. Or do I have to readjust the autoroll.key and constant.cw
    Or will the autoroll.key work just for what's inside it and have no effect on the other keys within the softcam.key file (which is what I believe). Also the constant.cw. I have no idea what it's purpose is and then why to modify if that's required.

The other thing I'm not too sure about, is where you see a softcam key bundle, I'm guessing you have to set it up accordingly to the Softcam program your running.
    I'm running CCcam 2.09. So if I simply look at the format that my current (not working) softcam.key is for CCcam and add extra 'keys' in the same format, then I'm on the right path??
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,076 Times in 9,093 Posts

The Autoroll.key contains the PMK and the Proviger group. The softcam.key is created when an encrypted key is transmitted, and converted to a plain key stored in the softcam.key.

It used to be that the softcam.key was enough, but they now change the plain keys so often, that its being updated constantly.

Cheers
    enf
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks

Thanks enf, I was thinking it was something along those lines. I s'pose it will get down to whether the softcam.key will decrypt the channel until such time they roll. If you have a PMK setup correctly in your autoroll.key specifically for that key, then it will 'update' other than that, the channel will become scrambled again until such time the keys are updated.

Anyone tell me about the constant.cw??

Is it specific for only a certain EMU, softcam etc or is it required when using a autoroll.key ??
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,076 Times in 9,093 Posts

Dunno anything about constant.cw.

I don't use an autoroll.key anymore, but when I did the procedure was to delete the old softcam.key...copy a valid autoroll.key into /vay/keys and put it on Aurora.

After a couple of minutes a new softcam.key is created with a new plain key in it. It will then update until there is an EMK rollout and the PMK in autoroll changes.

Cheers
    enf
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks

Thanks. Had no idea it was like that.

Cheers
    Cheers, Saintaholic