Thread: Scsi Dtu3 Plus

Thanks

Default Scsi Dtu3 Plus

I'm hoping you guys can suggest something because after several calls to SCSI over the last few months I'm at the point of having to rip it out.

Setup is a DTU3 Plus with high gain antenna, Tecom V8. Signal strength of 19-22 depending on weather, fail point is supposedly 12.
    There is no PSTN available onsite, very low activity at site it can be a couple of days between opens.
    SCSI was selected as was only option available for a regional site that the clients monitoring centre supports.

The GSM fault output is regularly going into alarm and being stored in the Tecoms buffer. GPRS fault is also occasionally seen.

Of concern is several times multiple GSM fault alarms are being received at once ie 20+ as if it has been offline for a long time.
    This is occurring about once a week at random times.
    My understanding is the outputs go into alarm if signal strength drops below 12 or if it does not receive an ack from CMS on its 4hr poll.
    According to the CMS the 4hr polls are being received at their end.

Originally the fault outputs where alarming every 4hrs at poll time until SCSI changed something to resolve this.
    Their response on the continuing issues is "network failure's"

Interestingly I had the CMS check some of the other customers with same units and they could not find any with the fault outputs programmed.

Anyone had this sort of problem with this equipment and been able to resolve it?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Privatteer View Post
    I'm hoping you guys can suggest something because after several calls to SCSI over the last few months I'm at the point of having to rip it out.

Setup is a DTU3 Plus with high gain antenna, Tecom V8. Signal strength of 19-22 depending on weather, fail point is supposedly 12.
    There is no PSTN available onsite, very low activity at site it can be a couple of days between opens.
    SCSI was selected as was only option available for a regional site that the clients monitoring centre supports.

The GSM fault output is regularly going into alarm and being stored in the Tecoms buffer. GPRS fault is also occasionally seen.

Of concern is several times multiple GSM fault alarms are being received at once ie 20+ as if it has been offline for a long time.
    This is occurring about once a week at random times.
    My understanding is the outputs go into alarm if signal strength drops below 12 or if it does not receive an ack from CMS on its 4hr poll.
    According to the CMS the 4hr polls are being received at their end.

Originally the fault outputs where alarming every 4hrs at poll time until SCSI changed something to resolve this.
    Their response on the continuing issues is "network failure's"

Interestingly I had the CMS check some of the other customers with same units and they could not find any with the fault outputs programmed.

Anyone had this sort of problem with this equipment and been able to resolve it?
    The GSM\GPRS output will follow either of the following two states, signal below 12 CSQ (Cellular Signal Quaility) or GPRS fail. As you stated your CSQ is fine. I would suggest that you transmitter is lossing its GPRS connect with the network tower that it is connected too. This is generally caused by the the network tower not having enough GPRS bandwidth at peak load periods. The DTU3+ will restart the modem on GPRS fail, this takes 4 seconds to reconnect to the network and is next to impossible for the CMS to detect. SCSI have disabled the system status report event (E605) this used to be sent to the CMS at any time the DTU unit had to establish a new GPRS connection. This made this fault very easy to indentify for the CMS as the DTU told you the problem. Anyway to fix your problem speak to Steve Gidley at SCSI give him you CMS name and DTU account number. He can then send commands to your modem which will respond with the network tower that it is connected to. He will ask Optus to open some more bandwidth on your tower which will fix your problem.

Kiwi

• 13-01-09, 12:25 PM