Thread: open-sasc-ng finds key, but does not decode

Thanks

Default open-sasc-ng finds key, but does not decode

Hi there,

this is my first post here. I hope, somebody is able to help me. Thank you in advance for that.

I've been using VDR and vdr-sc for 3 years now and it always worked like a charme. These days, I wanted to try out MythTv. So I installed Mythbuntu, compiled the DVB modules and so. All FTA stations are working quite well.

For the decoding of KD which is using N2 I do mot have a choice but using opensascng. I can compile the module, which loads perfectly and I can compile and start the sasc-ng binary. It is loading the key file. When I switch to an encrypted station the logs looks for the key, does find it but nothing happens. It tried to cat /dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0. There is something but mplayer is not able to play it (in opposite to FTA stations).

My System is a P4 Dual-Core, 2 GB RAM, Mythbuntu 8.10 (Kernel 2.6.27-9), Terratec Cinergy for DVB-C).
    I tried all available DVB drivers (multiproto, s2api ...).

Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks, bye, mck

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi there,

I am doing the opposite of you (going from mythtv to vdr). I am in north america but I am also using open-sasc-ng with nagra2. Maybe we can help each other out? I'm trying to integrate vdr-sc or open-sasc-ng but I am having issues finding a howto. I'm using gentoo but I should be able to figure out steps from other distros as well. Do you have any links or info I can read? I'll wait until you respond and ask a few questions about your setup to possibly further diagnose your issues with sasc-ng/mythtv.

Gumby

Thanks

Default Wait....

You want to use VDR? Great idea, it's a nice piece of software. There are several really good sites about that topic. However, most of them are german.

Your opensascng setup is working?