Thread: Igo8 Resolution woes

Thanks

Default Igo8 Resolution woes

Hi Guys

Need some help.
    I have obtained one of those chinglish 7" 2din units off fleabay which came preinstalled running Igo8 of the Sd card.
    The problem is the sofware is stretched or flattened on the screen.
    Viewing the sys.txt file reveals the unit is running on 320*240 resolution which is a standard 4:3 ratio where it should be on 480*272 or 16:9 widescreen ratio.
    I've had a play around with the sys.txt settings by changing the display parameters etc but so far to no avail. Changing both the [Interface] and [Raw Display] settings in the sys.txt file results in the screen displaying the right 1/2 of the display on the left side and vice versa (split down the middle), which leads me to believe that the display resolution of the unit itself needs to be changed.
    Not knowing alot about Windows CE 5 I'm hoping this can be done?
    The unit has a USB port on the front that hopefully will allow access to OS or at least part of it. Havent plugged the lappy into it yet.

Sorry for the long post just trying to include as much info as I can.

Cheers
    Rod
    Disclaimer
    Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Use only as directed. Apply only to affected area.
    If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Please remain seated until the ride has
    come to a complete stop. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. For office use only. Do not write below
    this line. STIMPY WAS HERE. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No anchovies unless otherwise specified.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

if you do a search in the gps section, you will find the correct files for your unit....

Thanks

I edited the sys file to include the screen res and GPS settings
    [folders]
    app="%SDCARD%/iGO8"

[timezone]
    sync_os_timezone=0
    reset_os_timezone=0

[gps]
    port=2
    baud=4800

[rawdisplay]
    screen_x=480
    screen_y=234
    highres=0
    class="landscape"
    driver="GDI"

Have you got this...

data.zip - including 7" widescreen (480 x 234) resolution

Cheers J
    Last edited by Castlemainegold; 12-01-09 at 01:14 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    if you do a search in the gps section, you will find the correct files for your unit....
    The orig data.zip file on the unit already has the correct res folder so I assumed these would be the correct files for the unit.
    I have already tried modding the sys.txt file to point to these, however if your saying these may be wrong then I'll try a different version.
    The current version on the unit is 8.00.35389 so maybe a newer version may work.

I'll dload a new vers when I get home and see how I go.
    Disclaimer
    Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Use only as directed. Apply only to affected area.
    If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Please remain seated until the ride has
    come to a complete stop. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. For office use only. Do not write below
    this line. STIMPY WAS HERE. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No anchovies unless otherwise specified.

Thanks

Still no go

Have downloaded the correct files etc but cant get it to disply properly.
    On widescreen I miss half the screen and on 320/240 I see all the screen but the picture is stretched.
    BTW the usb port on the front is only a host so cant access the OS from there.

Any ideas??
    Disclaimer

Premium Member
    Thanks

ok, i will update mine to the latest executable and upload my sd card and post a link, it works perfectly on my 7" with tts at the moment.....

give me a couple of days though, i have hit my download limit (uploads are counted).

Thanks

ok, i will update mine to the latest executable and upload my sd card and post a link, it works perfectly on my 7" with tts at the moment.....

give me a couple of days though, i have hit my download limit (uploads are counted).
    Thanks Hoe I'll give it a shot but I don't think thats the problem.
    I think its my actual unit that wont display at those resolutions.

I have a stand alone 4.3" unit that is running at 480 x 272 and it looks perfect. no stretching at all.
    Using that sd card in the 7 " does exactly the same so I'm convinced its the units wince settings.
    Disclaimer

Premium Member
    Thanks

stimpy, you are trying 480 x 234 ?

the chinese 7" widescreen models are nearly all this resolution......
    Last edited by hoe; 12-01-09 at 10:40 PM. Reason: typo.....

Thanks

stimpy, you are trying 480 x 234 ?

the chinese 7" widescreen models are nearly all this resolution......
    I've tried 480 x 272, 480 x 234, 400 x 240 & 320 x 240
    The only one that enables me to view the entire screen is 320 x 240 and its stretched.
    all the others go off the screen ie when the OK button is suppose to be on the bottom right of the screen I can't see it.
    Disclaimer

Premium Member
    Thanks

480 x 234 data.zip file (use winrar etc. to merge with your current data.zip

and here's my sys.txt

[interface]
    skin="ui_igo8"
    resolution_dir="480_234"
    vga=1
    Hires=1
    autotilt=0

[rawdisplay]
    class="landscape"
    screen_x=480
    screen_y=234

[debug]
    cache=8192
    skip_eula=1
    enable_roadshadow=1

[map]
    auto_nightmode=1

[msnd]
    msnd.start=0

Thanks

I've meged the file and used your sys.txt and its still no good

I think I've been sold a dud
    Disclaimer

Thanks

Sounds like it Stimp..I have the same as HOE.. and it definetly only runs on

resolution_dir="480_234" I had the same prob when adding other software without the 480-234 file

also Hoe is the IGO guru..so looks like you may have a dud !!

ben

Thanks

Yeah looks like it. This is the unit.
    Code:
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=230310722985
    The sellers wharehouse is local here so when they get back from Holidays they will have a visitor.

Thanks for all your help Hoe.
    Disclaimer

Thanks

hmmm....maybe your pixels aren't square.......
    This means that even though it is set to 320x240 this is the actual screen dimensions, however because they may be rectangular, this stretches the screen horizontally & perhaps is a cheaper method than actually having more pixels.

If this is the case you may need a special version of data.zip to accomodate rectangular pixels....

Premium Member
    Thanks

stimpy, i have the 7" gps unit which attaches to the windscreen. Yours is a different unit obviously, i think StormyKnight might be on the money.....

I would go back and see them...