Thread: What do I need ?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default What do I need ?

My son wants to retire his Xbox with 750 gig HD for a Xbox 360 ( I get the old one ). I am not really uptodate with what is happening in the Xbox scene so maybe someone can answer a couple of questions for me.

From what I have seen , a lot of 360's dont have a hard drive and some have 20 or 60 gigs ? Can you add your own HD ala original Xbox and copy games in to it ?

What is the the go with mods in regards to playing backed up games ? Are they hardware or software mods ? Any particular drive better than others etc ?

TIA
    Sanity

Look Here ->
    Thanks

you cant soley run 360 games from the hard drive like the old xbox, you can copy games accross to make load times faster/less noiser but thats it, you need the discs in the drive to play it.

most mods these days are firmware mods which are exactly the same if not better than actual hard mods ( firmware mod is everything you neeD).

Discs are picky and a bit expensive you need dual layer discs and burn them at 2.4x for a good write(takes me about 40mins to do one discs).

All drives you buy will be liteon these days, you used to have to swap these over with samsung drives as they were unflashable but now they are.

Hard drive you can get for $35 for 20GB through MS if you buy a arcade console(im sure uve read the thread), you get 3 months live as well.

All consoles have hdmi as well so that wont be a issue either

anything else just ask

Thanks

affter you have done mod can you use backup xbox games ?