Thread: Problem with IGO8 on Moov 300 at 480 x 272

Thanks

Default Problem with IGO8 on Moov 300 at 480 x 272

Hi Guy’s

Great site,
    I am having a problem when trying to run IGO8 ver 8.0.063379 at 480 x 272 on a Mio Moov 300.
    After editing the SYS.txt file to 480 x 270, it starts to load full screen, then comes up with the following error:

FFUI ERROR
    Unknown layer referenced
    Identifier = [ui_cockpitinfo].

It runs at fine at 480 x 234, with a gap at the bottom of the screen.
    After playing around & searching the forums for hours, I can’t find a solution!
    Can someone please point me in the right direction!

Thanks,
    Peter

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi Emu,

I presume that are using the correct data.zip that supports this resolution?

Open the data.zip and open the folder called ui_igo8 and see if there is a folder in there that is named 480_272. If not then you need another data.zip which can be found here:

pass: srppcwarez

(thanks goes to Skyrocket ... ppcwarez)

The above includes the iGO8.exe file as well but you've already got that.

regards

Thanks

Hi Dazza,

Yep, have the 480 x 272 file and have been looking for a file or folder inside called cockpitinfo, or something like that. The only place i can find anything like that is in Data/ui_igo8/common. Have tried swapping data.zip files from a couple of versions i have downloaded, & nothing has worked.
    The version i am using came from the "iGo8 Update" thread & used the same password to download.
    I will try the link on your post & see how i go.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
    Peter

Thanks

Default iGO8 at 480x272

Hi Peter,

You say that you are using the iGO8 update version 8.0.0.63379 (which is also my post) but you have previously had another version running before you updated to 8.0.0.63379?

I ask this because my iGO8 update post only contained 3 components (not the full package) and was aimed at "updating" a previous versions rather than being a full package.

Also you say that you have modified the sys.txt file to the target resolution. Can you post the contents.

Others on this forum have managed to get iGO8 to run on unlocked miomoov's maybe they will assist.

regards

Thanks

Hi Dazza

Thanks, Up & running in full screen after downloading & installing your Data.zip. I now seem to have lost a couple of icons/pages, for example if you are in map screen & go Menu/settings/mapvisual, i used to have 2 pages of Visual settings. Now i only have page 1 & there is no indication that there is a page 2, or any way to get to the next page. This page used to list options for: popup info/compass/current speed & cockpit style. I have also lost the icon to turn the cockpit on or off in the cockpit menu!
    Is this normal or do i now have anotheer problem?

Thanks,
    Peter
    Last edited by Emu; 16-01-09 at 09:20 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emu View Post
    Hi Dazza
    I now seem to have lost a couple of icons/pages, for example if you are in map screen & go Menu/settings/mapvisual, i used to have 2 pages of Visual settings. Now i only have page 1 & there is no indication that there is a page 2, or any way to get to the next page. This page used to list options for: popup info/compass/current speed & cockpit style. I have also lost the icon to turn the cockpit on or off in the cockpit menu!
    Is this normal or do i now have anotheer problem?

Thanks,
    Peter
    Pete, my version doesn't have that extra screen, may be we can somehow merge those two data zips Dazza & get the best of both?

Cheers

Thanks

Default iGO8 on 480 x 272

Guys,

I've just looked at the last few versions of iGO8 released by NavnGo and this is the first that supports this resolution. The one released 6th Nov 8.0.0.55127 does not have 480x272 in it.

The data.zip that is included in the link is the bogg standard data.zip from NNG.

Peter can you tell me where you got your initial data.zip from? or better still upload it and maybe we can merge them. The only way that can happen if the data.zip supports the resolution otherwise the bpm files won't fit etc.

The other option for you guys if you what iGO8 to have a diiferent look and feel is to find a skin that suits.

Google igo8 480x272 and see what you find. Alernatively you can go to these sites.

But you should only try skins that support 480x272 otherwise you'll get the errors again.

hope this helps

regards

Thanks

Hi Guy's

I am not sure where i got the download from & am not sure how i would go about uploading it, as i am on dial up at home. I will try & work it out when i get home, & let you know. The version i had, was runing at 480 x 234.

Peter

Thanks

Just had a look at DIMKA skin Dazza - wow makes IGO even better than it is by standard!

Also it has the cockpit mode that you are refering to Emu.

One of the advantages is the ability to customise the displays.....e.g. altitude can now be displayed on the main screen.

Cheers

Thanks

Default iGO8 Skins

Stormynight,

Yes some of what these guys are doing with these skins is amazing. I thought you folks might like these.

Not only are they just changing the look and feel they are also adding lots of additional functions and features.

With many of these skins you can add voice alerts for the various speedcams etc. So in other words instead of just beeping when approaching a cam it tells you via a voice alert including the speed of the cam.

The only thing to remember is that many of these added features and functions use addional memory which if you only have 64mb can be limiting.

Have either of you managed to get TTS working yet? But it too takes up a lot of memory.

I just purchased a new 129mb PDA so I'm OK now for ram.

anyway regards for now.

Thanks

Yep TTS (text to speech) worked straight away....infact all my programs the TTS works...TomTom 8.0,Destinator8,PolNav & Igo8. I'm also running MioPocket at the same time.

cheers

Thanks

Default TTS on TT

Wow Stormynight,

Are you saying that you have TT8 on a wince PNA?

or are you saying that you have TTS on TT7?

even TTS on TT7 it is unheard of, let me know more

regards

Thanks

Hi Dazza

TTS has been working from the word go, so far have not had a problem with the standard IGO8 ones, but have had a problem today with a modified (louder) TTS file stuttering at every command.
    Have had a quick go at installing the skins, but have not had any luck so far. I have downloaded the DIMKA skins & put the diMkaspecter1533 & diMkaspecter1533dark files into IGO8/content/skin. It tells me to restart , but nothing has changed once the restart is complete. Will have more of a play later tonight.
    Still not sure where i got the original IGO8 file from, but am 99% sure it came from a recent post on this site.

Thanks,
    Pete

Thanks

Default iGO8 skins

Guys,

Make sure that whatever skins you select that they support both your required resolution (460x272) and iGO8 R1 (ie 8.0....) and not R3 (ie 8.3....). If not then they will not work and may produce unprodictable results.

The TTS stutter is usually because of memory restrictions of the device. You maybe better sticking to non TTs voices with iGO 8 as it is very memory hungry.

regards

Thanks

Emu, once you start IGO, you need to choose the new skin....

Menu/Settings/Page2/Menu/Skin

Then it will ask you to restart....

Also I found some interesting schemes....

from...

Basically when in cockpit mode or map mode it shows different altitudes as snow. i.e. there are 3 schemes - 800m, 1200m & 1600m great if you are a 4wdriver like me & close to the snow line & looking for snow!

Cheers
    Mio Moov 300 Au (Cobia 400)
    MioPocket via SD
    IGO8.0 with Dimka Skin/Tom Tom/Dest8/PolNav/Sygic McGuider/OziCe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dazza60 View Post
    Wow Stormynight,

Are you saying that you have TT8 on a wince PNA?

or are you saying that you have TTS on TT7?

even TTS on TT7 it is unheard of, let me know more

regards
    Sorry, my fault....

Over the last week I have been trialing all my new programs & thought they all did TTS. Its amazing when you back to a program without it, but travel over regulkar roads how you don't notice its not there!

Anyway sorry for the bum steer
    MioPocket via SD

Thanks

BTW, I went & check IGO as well..guess what no TTS.....2 hours later I now have it working....high quality Kate voice in fact!

Cheers
    Last edited by StormyKnight; 17-01-09 at 01:12 AM. Reason: added info re Kate...
    MioPocket via SD

Thanks

Stormynight

Yep, showing the 2 new skins in the Menu/Settings/Page2/Menu/Skin page.
    Select one, then have to Restart, select program mode, then have to go in & enable & autoscan the GPS again. As far as i can see there is no visible change to anything!

Will play some more tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Pete

Thanks

Default iGO8 GPS setting

Emu,

You can overcome the GPS settings issue by editing the sys.txt and inserting your gps port, speed, type etc. like this:

[gps]
    port=6
    baud=57600
    source="nmea"

There are also lots of other settings that can be set in the sys.txt file. Do a google and find the sites that have the full lists etc.

regards

Thanks

Default A3100 igo8

Hi All;

I think i had a big problem, i had Motorola A3100 and i am trying to use igo8 but it does not load correctly i tried to change the sys.txt but nothing work its load so slowly and just keep showing the same page

I need help