Thread: How do you sysprep XP Home

Thanks

Default How do you sysprep XP Home

Has anyone ever set up PCs for customers using Windows XP Home with sysprep? I posted this question on a certain expert website where they exchange information and solutions, but no one could answer it, so they deleted the question. I wouldn't have thought experts would make problems go away by covering them up (deleting them) but apparently that's the procedure.

Here's the original quesiton:
    -------------
    When I sysprep a Windows XP Home installation (sp1 with sp3 updates) I want to reseal it so that the customer can enter the username they want to use, but when that is done, the original account which I set it up on is also included in the list of users. Is there a way to avoid this and only have one account after the customer has run the computer for the first time.

I have already tried a large number of possibilities found on this site and the internet in general. I have tried logging into safe mode as administrator and removing the user account using User Profiles in System>Advanced but after the setup runs the original account appears there again as if by magic.
    -------------

Look Here ->
    Thanks

So if I understand you right, you want the system installed and updated but the account you used removed ?

Why not do the full setup on the admin account, or after your done, login via safe mode as admin and delete the accounts you dont want.

I think thats sort of the answer you were after.

Thanks

I'll try again but I have a feeling it doesn't work, it was a long time ago I was doing it. I think you can delete it, and then after you run the sysprep and seal it up and then run the customer OOBE (out of the box experience it reappears out of nowhere. But I'll try again just to clarify.