Thread: Tomtom One XL - flat battery

Thanks

Default Tomtom One XL - flat battery

My tomtom battery goes flat very very quickly. Perhaps only lasting a few hours even when turned off. No good at all for finding your way when working. Can this be fixed. I read somewhere it is the result of a software update that caused a problem. I recall having a problem with an update a few months ago.
    Ultraplus 680 platinum. 1.1 triax on moteck with 3 lnbs, 1.8 prime focus Dual C/ku lnb. 75 dish with 3 lnbs in campervan.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

i have a one xl also the batery only has a 2 hour life i kept it pluged in to power whenever in the car

Thanks

Smile

my xl is also only good for 2hrs tops....but using power management options can push it out further, as well as reducing screen brighness

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dapope View Post
    my xl is also only good for 2hrs tops....
    Sure they do state that the battery can last up to two hours when fully charged. But after time I have noticed that they can not hold there charge for very long or go flat instantly after being fully charged.

My origional ONE XL's battery looks like it can no longer hold the charge for very long after being fully charged. Definately no where near the standard 2hrs like when I first got it.

I'm not sure what type of battery it is, if its soldered directly onto the motherboard and not user replaceable. or if its worth opening and trying to replace. Assuming its no longer under warranty.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I had the same problem with my Aldi Tevion P310.I left it in the car to charge, unpluged the cable,The message came up, Flat battery. I tried to take it back(under warranty)but forgot to take the USB cable along.So, I thought, it's tuffed anyway, pushed the hard re-set button with a papercli,and Bingo, back to normal.Keeps the charge,hope this helps.