People over the road just bought a new plasma, and have rung for help.

How would you wire these up the best way to be able to watch and record digital tv and austar via their their samsung DVD player/Video recorder ?

They have....

Panasonic TH 42PX8A ...plasma with built in HD STB...connections everywhere. I've not had dealings with a screen with built in set top box before. The unit just has 1 aerial in socket...no rf out.
The other out connections are monitor out ( composite red white and yellow), HDMI 1 and HDMI 2

The Samsung combined DVD player/Video recorder has one set of composite (yellow white red ) in...and one set of composite (yellow white red out), and just ....rf in...rf out ( nothing else). It only has an analogue tuner.

Austar has basic composite (yellow white red) in and composite (yellow white red) out, as well as an rf in and an rf out ( Titan box I think...)

They just wanna turn things on, watch, record either fta or pay as they like.

How do they get the inbuilt hd set top box signal to the video/dvd unit to record?

Do they connect the tv antenna to the Samsung rf in, and send the rf out to the monitor, and connect the Austar composite out to the Samsung composite in, and connect the Samsung to the plasma via the composite out on the Samsung to AV in on the plasma? Or should it be different somehow?

Help please ...I'm having a real blonde moment......derr