Thread: Ford Telstar 88 model - a/c Problems

Thanks

Default Ford Telstar 88 model - a/c Problems

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help out with a wiring diagram (or perhaps just advice) for a 88 Ford Telstar air conditioning unit. The air conditioning only works when the fan speed is on 1,2, or 3 however stops working when the fan is on 4. The catch is, the fan doesn't work when it is on 1,2 or 3, but does when it is on 4. Therefore, no air conditioning, so I have just hot air blowing a gale inside the car... Or I just use old fashioned a/c - windows.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Paul.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Have you checked the blower switch with a multi??? its the first thing id be looking at.

Sounds like somethings screwed inside it.

There is also a resistor under the dash near the aircon that has 3 or 4 wires from memory, it looks like a kettle element, if this goes so does your aircon.

There is a switch in one of the aircon lines called a tx switch, this will cut out your aircon clutch from starting if its low on gas.

Thanks

Id certainly agree with Godzilla on this.
    He obviously knows his way around a car!

Was the telstar a rebadged mazda?
    Id be checking near the blower motor for a resistor module that is cooled by the air flow coming through the blower assembly under the dasy near the passengers feets I would think.
    Generally these hi wattage resistors can go open and you lose supply to the blower motor.
    Although you may find that one resistor has a reduced resistance and has taken out the supply for that pack or a track on the board may have gone open.
    4th fan setting would operate at batt supply and would still be operational for this reason I would of thought.

Thanks

thanks guys, will check it out.