Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Focal Point of a 90cm dish for LNB Positioning

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,078 Times in 6,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Watusi View Post
    Hi guys am new member here but being testing fta for awhile now, anyways i came across this thread i found it interesting.I hope you guys can help me out.I pick two use dishes this morning, one's got Sat Radar logo it's 90cm the arm seems to abit short. compared to other one the i pick up, I've never seen one this before am wondering if it will work with say amc4 or 125 or 123w its a 90cm but the arm seems short, could guys advise, thanks in advanced, and sorry if am hijacking this thread i just thought this would be the ideal place to post this, there's a 4 inch difference between the Sat Radar dish and Ariza dish, along with my other eagle star dishes
    Welcome to Austech, Watusi.

Looking at the pics, the LNB supports don't appear to have been modified, so they should both work ok.

The design of the two dishes is different and you may find that the offset angle differs between them, hence the different focal point.

Do not make any modifications to the support arm lengths, as this should not be required, as the support arm lengths are matched to the dish design.

You haven't said if you've actually tested them yet, which is obviously the first thing you should do to establish if there are any problems or not.

Thanks

Thank you for replying Sir and for the warm welcoming, I will test it tomorrow when my new sat meter comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Welcome to Austech, Watusi.

Looking at the pics, the LNB supports don't appear to have been modified, so they should both work ok.

The design of the two dishes is different and you may find that the offset angle differs between them, hence the different focal point.

Do not make any modifications to the support arm lengths, as this should not be required, as the support arm lengths are matched to the dish design.

You haven't said if you've actually tested them yet, which is obviously the first thing you should do to establish if there are any problems or not.

Thanks

am happy to report that, it work i tried it on both 123w and 125w, thanks guys.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,078 Times in 6,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Watusi View Post
    am happy to report that, it work i tried it on both 123w and 125w, thanks guys.
    All's well then

Thanks for the update.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I have a 90cm but it is very egg shapped but the lnb arm looks the dead spit of that Ariza dish but the LNB holder is different.
    The plastic bit sits inside the arm rather than over it but that shouldnt alter the focal point.
    I cant remember its exact dimensions but I want to set it up again and try out a multi holder LNB on it.
    So I will take some measurements and if its any help I can post them.

Premium Member
    Thanks

FYI - I gave up on trying to get my gear working.

Got sick of going up and down the ladder, not to mention winter has come so I am not keen on spending hours out in the cold.

Probably will try again when the weather is better and will set something up on a pole in the ground outside where I can do quick changes without going up and down on the roof.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12