Thread: Wii Modding

Thanks

Default Wii Modding

Hi Guys

Just calling for some help in regards to getting my Wii capable to play backups of my games now i have seen that there are Mod Chips and Firmware but i am confused which way you go??? I am not new to Modding just new to the Wii and dont want to mess it up, also is it easy enough to do at home or by a qualified modder? any help would be greatly apreciated thanks in advance

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

hi mate , depending on what drive is in your wii (you can tell most times by the lah number under the wii near the barcode) the way to go for you would be a modchip with a clip pre-soldered , but still this is still not for your average joe, i recommend to get it done by a proffessional, atleast this way you have warranty and know your wii will still work when it is returned to you , there are a lot of GREAT guys on the forums here that can install a chip for you ..regards otlo

Thanks

Hey thanks otlo for the info yeah mod chips always seem like the way to go well if there are any modders in sydney with the good stuff let me know thanks in advance

JR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by otlo View Post
    .... the way to go for you would be a modchip with a clip pre-soldered , .....
    Interesting advice... why anyone would do anything but the softmod is beyond me... all you need is a $10 SD Card, bit of time and never have to open the box - ie no warranty issues.

Anyone who suggests otherwise is scamming you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gf1966 View Post
    Interesting advice... why anyone would do anything but the softmod is beyond me... all you need is a $10 SD Card, bit of time and never have to open the box - ie no warranty issues.

Anyone who suggests otherwise is scamming you.
    im 100% sure

all the techies on here will say no to a softmod....

Thanks

im not suggesting that anything else other then softmod is a waste of time but soft modding is worth a go. It is easy to do and i have not had a problem in playing any backups so far.

just type in twilight hack and you will find all you need to know.

Thanks

I would say no to softmodding as well
    only because the benefits of the modchip generally far outweigh those of softmodding imo
    However if you just want to play games hassle free get a modchip . If you like to have a fiddle with things softmodding is a good way to go , you do learn more that way

Thanks

good thread

Thanks

good read satchY. I would have to agree. There is def lag with softmod but personally i dont mind. Softmod was free so who is complaining. I will most likey get a modchip when i have more funds and if the compatibility of softmod gets back but until then. I am happy with softmod.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nihonjin View Post
    good read satchY. I would have to agree. There is def lag with softmod but personally i dont mind. Softmod was free so who is complaining. I will most likey get a modchip when i have more funds and if the compatibility of softmod gets back but until then. I am happy with softmod.
    Yeah mate softmod is great if you have no funds,but modchip is the winner in my eyes

OH AND JOHN if you have medium experience on soldiering, the abilty to disassemble your wii without breaking it (there are guides around very easy just take your time)
    and get a wii clip and the chip you need its a piece of cake otherwise take it and get someone to do it for you

the main thing is do ya research on google

type in your serial find the chip you need eg wiikey,d2ckey etc etc and read up

Thanks

Hey All

Thanks for all the feedback this seems to be a interesting subject lol but i am more leading towards reliability you know,get it done and not have to worry about it, money isnt too much of a hassel as long as it works. i will read up on all your links you have provided thanks for the info i have done some research but from what i see there are people that do the soft mod,some that do the chip and some that have both lol all very confusing its great to hear all opinoins thou i will do abit more research and see how i go thanks again.

JR