Thread: mutant 200s what image can u load

Thanks

Default mutant 200s what image can u load

close
    Last edited by cobra679; 29-01-09 at 06:11 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Have you been here?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cobra679 View Post
    after u load the boot loader for a mutant 200s can u use the dreambox images or do they have to be mutant 200s images... sorry stupid questions just not that much support and yes ive been to their official site.

thanks in advance
    You can load Dreambox images as well as DGS Mutant 200 original and other images.

Go to the site vk6xlr has posted. It is the definitive site for all DG Station receivers and has all the information and images you will ever need.

Was there something wrong with the boot loader?

Thanks

nothing... its just these image from dentenk are pretty buggy... but i will find the right for me.. has anyone got a mutant 200s and knows of a stable image i connect to newcs with ?

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cobra679 View Post
    nothing... its just these image from dentenk are pretty buggy... but i will find the right for me.. has anyone got a mutant 200s and knows of a stable image i connect to newcs with ?
    There is nothing wrong with the images on the Denktenk site.

Enigma (Dreambox) images have been modified to run on the Mutant 200S and do so very successfully.

They are available in the downloads section at Downloads > Enigma > Enigma on 200s

I have used the Gemini image successfully - it runs well and is certainly not buggy (at least for me).

In original (non-enigma) images I have found Highland to be the best, although others would no doubt differ in their preference.

Thanks

I've had HL2.16 & 2.17 and have now gone to PLI-Jade. With the original HL2.16 I had 7 days EPG from a mounted HD from innie.tuhs.org. This was killed by HL2.17, but stability was better, so I stayed with it. Now innie.tuhs.org has shut, so it isn't an issue. Both images were sharing a blue card via newcs & mgcamd from my 400S. However, they would not upgrade the card, so I had to return it to the provider box occasionally or if I ordered a movie.

I the bought a DM600 & put PLI-Jade on it so I could get 7 days EPG via oztivo_au. I have changed the 200S to PLI-Jade & network mounted the DM600 disk on it so it also has 7 days EPG as well. Since these images support CCcam 2.0.11 which does update the card, I've moved the bluey to the 600.

I now run CCcam 2.0.11 on the DM600 as a server, CCcam 2.0.11 on the 200S as a client, and CCcam 1.7.1 + capmtserver on the 400S as a client. The 400S is running neumo 2.13.6 (only now & next EPG) as I use both tuners. I'm waiting for neumo 3.1 & will then play with EPG to see if I can get it up to 7 days again.

I don't have major issues with any of these images. The main issues are with the web interfaces on all of them, as it's possible to lock them up with some sequences. That said, they get a hell of a hammering here. The 200s is part of one of my home theatre setups, & my daughter streams to it to her bedroom PC. The 400s is in the other home theatre setup in the lounge room & gets used up to 16 hours a day. The DM600 is in the bedroom & doesn't get all that much use, but it serves the others, & keeps & updates the EPG.

Premium Member

Thanks

I found Highland 2.15 to work best of the non-enigma images. I had problems with HL2.16.

I don't think perfect software exists. Some images are better for some functions but not for others.

Occasionally, if something else looks interesting, I will try it in order to see how it performs.

My philosophy is basically, "If something works, why change"?

Yes, PLi runs very well. I like it, but the version of Gemini I have doesn't give me any problems, so it is continues to run on the 200S.

Thanks

i was using jadepli today on the mutant200s and im running ccam to connect to a newcs server. Now tv1 comes up straight away comedy1 comes up straight away but when i go to channel like tv2 and comedy2 it take about a minute to come up with a picture does anyone have that problem. other then that its running like a dream both jade and gemini do that same with that pictures not coming up straight away.