Thread: iTunes problems

Thanks

Default iTunes problems

Hi all i hope this is the right section,

the missus & I are pulling our hair out over this farking Ipod & itunes, everything went fine when we first installed, then after I built a new pc the problem started, so as a precaution I backed up th entire music library, i then re-imported to the new pc and the following error keeps appearing,

"ipod cannot synch your selection because the selection no longer exist" so what we did was add the same music to the library again and we still get the same error message.

has anyone else had this problem.....is there an alternative to use......the ipod's software is up to date.

I did read somewhere that I may have to download some tools to clean the entire itunes programs from the system and start.

any advice is really appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

iTunes, there's your problem. I feel your pain, I'm a new iPod owner and the whole setup is an iWhore.

I can't offer a specific fix, but I've got an idea or two. First, here's an article on moving your iTunes library:

Also, a question: Was most of your music library purchased from the iTunes store? I'm also wondering if this could be a DRM problem (Digital Rights Management, read: stupid Apple copy protection).

Another line of thought - it could be a corrupted iTunes database file. Apple's online help is surprisingly useful:

Yet another thought - maybe it's the iTunes db file that's missing. If you can locate and copy the original over, it might help. Might.

And finally, a word of warning. If your iPod is new (5th gen Classic, 3rd gen Nano etc), the firmware is encrypted and will bork if you try to use 3rd party software with it. It will then require a reset, wiping all your content & settings. Fkn Apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gruso View Post
    iTunes, there's your problem. I feel your pain, I'm a new iPod owner and the whole setup is an iWhore.

I can't offer a specific fix, but I've got an idea or two. First, here's an article on moving your iTunes library:

Also, a question: Was most of your music library purchased from the iTunes store? I'm also wondering if this could be a DRM problem (Digital Rights Management, read: stupid Apple copy protection).

Another line of thought - it could be a corrupted iTunes database file. Apple's online help is surprisingly useful:

Yet another thought - maybe it's the iTunes db file that's missing. If you can locate and copy the original over, it might help. Might.

And finally, a word of warning. If your iPod is new (5th gen Classic, 3rd gen Nano etc), the firmware is encrypted and will bork if you try to use 3rd party software with it. It will then require a reset, wiping all your content & settings. Fkn Apple.
    Gruso.....thanks heaps mate - I honestly thought I was the only one that was having problems with their Ipod or should I say iwhore

but hows this, the missus bought an ipod classic and everything is sync's fine, however the ipod nano just doesn't want to sychn anything, yet we are using the same library I can't figure it out.

thanks for the links, I will have good read of them and see what I can come up with.

thanks heaps again and I will let you know how I go
    cheers: