Banned
    Thanks

Default Internet On DS Lite

Can it be done?

What do I need?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Definately can be done.

You will need a wireless connection that has no protection or WEP 64-bit protection enabled (e.g not WPA). You will then need Opera for the DS (see ) or a download of it and a memory expansion card (something like this ), if you have an R4 or similar card.

Boot the opera and then click on internet settings (should be able to use automatically find and then add any keys needed), and set up the internet same way as playing a game and its settings. See page if you have problems setting it up. Only reason I did it was when I was looking up work items at the Library at Flinders Uni (wont work at Adelaide, due to WPA) and I couldn't be stuffed going back to my office laptop!

Then you can use opera to surf the internet, but let me just say its a lot of work for an awful setup/browser.
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks

Great info Roguefan thats what i wanted to find out. There are homebrew programs though that i have seen like: Beup which is a MSN messanger program looks good. There are a few others as well.
    I havnt got a ds yet getting one on wednsday but what i want to know is since im on dial up can i somehow use my DS and share the connection with my dial up connection? What is required to do that?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roguefan99 View Post
    Definately can be done.

You will need a wireless connection that has no protection or WEP 64-bit protection enabled (e.g not WPA). You will then need Opera for the DS (see ) or a download of it and a memory expansion card (something like this ), if you have an R4 or similar card.

Boot the opera and then click on internet settings (should be able to use automatically find and then add any keys needed), and set up the internet same way as playing a game and its settings. See page if you have problems setting it up. Only reason I did it was when I was looking up work items at the Library at Flinders Uni (wont work at Adelaide, due to WPA) and I couldn't be stuffed going back to my office laptop!

Then you can use opera to surf the internet, but let me just say its a lot of work for an awful setup/browser.
    I have a DS Lite with M3DS real + Rumble Pack, do I still need the GBA expansion? I have a copy of Opera, have the internet connection.

Thanks

Yep that should work, the Rumble pack has 32Mb of memory in it which is needed for the Opera.

Not 100% sure on this but I think the Opera has to be the "hacked" version of the M3DS Real card (I know when it came out I had to get the Supercard version because thats what my "memory expansion" was).

Few threads over on afterdawn about it

Might need to patch the Opera to work with the M3 Real. If you struggle with the patch, I'll try and help you out (done a bit of it over the years).

Hmm Nightrider you would need some sort of wireless router that is compatible with your dial up connection. Not 100% sure if there is anything like that. BeUp, could never get that proggie to work well, frustrating to say the least!
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks

Yes Roguefan i think your right i read that somewhere too that i need a wireless router and that it can be done. Not sure how much they cost but sounds like it would be one expensive excersise?
    Also while i remember what are emulators like for the DS especially the sega megadrive? And more importantly if you or anyone knows does wonderboy in monsterworld work for the sega emulator?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Yes Roguefan i think your right i read that somewhere too that i need a wireless router and that it can be done. Not sure how much they cost but sounds like it would be one expensive excersise?
    I have a wireless router already as part of the home network, so It's only a matter of getting the right memory expansion by the sounds of it to get it to connect as the DS lite has WiFi capabilities.

Banned
    Thanks

Thanks for the links Rogue, I will have a read and post my results later.

Banned
    Thanks

Ok, downloaded the DS Browser & DS Browser patch, works up until it asks for memory expansion pack. Rumble Pack does not work, will require either GBA or Rumble RAM pack. Ordered GBA expansion pack, when it arrives I will let you guys know how I go and if all works, I will post links to the software and patch. Fingers crossed!