Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Australiasat: Working 7 day EPG for foxtel!

Thanks

Hey guys, I wouldn't want to discourage you if you're ready and raring to go but i am not sure you're going in the right direction.

I think you're crazy to go and try and develop a complicated XMLTV based solution when it's possible to read a week's worth of data, updated constrantly straight off the transponder. It works and it's working here. It's a million times easier than XMLTV (which i've been using til now) and takes care of itself when it's up and going.

At least look into it.

Thanks

I ran my code and it's still working with no modifications
    I've attached 1 days worth of xmltv data for all the fox channels that are listed on the flash guide so you can see the quality of them.

There are a couple of things i need to do before they're ready to be used in a harvest cron
    1) From other custom generated data I've done for the sqlite plugin, an end time (expressed as the stop attribute) needs to be put in. The duration in minutes is returned as part of the service i just need to put in the code to calculate it
    2) I need to tidy up the code so that is parameterizable and will output a file per channel, per day

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poiuytrewq View Post
    Hey guys, I wouldn't want to discourage you if you're ready and raring to go but i am not sure you're going in the right direction.

I think you're crazy to go and try and develop a complicated XMLTV based solution when it's possible to read a week's worth of data, updated constrantly straight off the transponder. It works and it's working here. It's a million times easier than XMLTV (which i've been using til now) and takes care of itself when it's up and going.

At least look into it.
    I agree with you completely, if there's a plugin that can do that for Enigma 1 boxes then I will use that instead. I'm a developer by trade but writing plugins isn't my area of expertise. Harvesting and transforming data is something I do everyday in my job.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcjules View Post
    I agree with you completely, if there's a plugin that can do that for Enigma 1 boxes then I will use that instead. I'm a developer by trade but writing plugins isn't my area of expertise. Harvesting and transforming data is something I do everyday in my job.
    I just downloaded your data and i have to say that is VERY impressive. Nice work and the quality of the data is pretty much the same as from the transponder. I note that the FTA channels (ABC,7,9,10) aren't on their online EPG which is a bit of a shame but otherwise it's great.

I might have to take back my skepticism!

p.

Thanks

has anyone got the 7 days EPG happening for HD channels too? if so what lines have you added to the channel config?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    has anyone got the 7 days EPG happening for HD channels too? if so what lines have you added to the channel config?
    I just had a look through the data and i am 99% sure that they're not there. I wonder if this is a difference in firmware between original boxes and iq or iq2s? There might also be a different channel that they are being broadcast on - i didn't really sniff around after finding the channel that this data came from. Does anyone know which channel the iq2 EPG is on?

The channel is configurable (by sid) in the australiasat_channel_list.conf.

p.

Thanks

Hi poiuytrewq,
    first off nice work with this. Do you think I would be correct in thinking that weekepg 3.1b by MaxZ4 plugin would work with similar changes for enigma1?
    It does Sky uk and Sky it.
    I have looked at the config file and it has a different format for the sid than you gave. Its format is like this
    Code:
    EPGService=1:0:1:38be:320:fbff:820000:0:0:0:
    I have tried
    Code:
    EPGService=1:0:1:4270:0011:1000:06180000:0:0:0:
    But although it tunes to the iepg channel I dont seem to get any data.
    Has anyone else tried this?

modul8

Thanks

Here's the HD channels and their SIDs
    ESPN HD 13001
    Discovery HD 13003
    Fox Sports HD 14001
    Nat Geo HD 14002
    BBC HD 12003

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by modul8 View Post
    Hi poiuytrewq,
    first off nice work with this. Do you think I would be correct in thinking that weekepg 3.1b by MaxZ4 plugin would work with similar changes for enigma1?
    It does Sky uk and Sky it.
    I have looked at the config file and it has a different format for the sid than you gave. Its format is like this
    Code:
    EPGService=1:0:1:38be:320:fbff:820000:0:0:0:
    I have tried
    Code:
    EPGService=1:0:1:4270:0011:1000:06180000:0:0:0:
    But although it tunes to the iepg channel I dont seem to get any data.
    Has anyone else tried this?

modul8
    Looks promising and i reckon you are going in the right direction. I just downloaded it and took a look at the configs. It isn't as configurable as the enigma2 one but you don't know until you try.

Ok, don't worry about the SID stuff. I think if it's changing to the epg channel then you are ok on that front. that's all it needs to do.

Have you edited the channel config file? If it's going to work that's what you are going to need to get right. Back up the channels.uk file, get rid of the UK chans and replace them with australian ones.

Download my files and look at: the UK channellist.conf and my australiasat channel list. Compare the two and then see if you can figure out the format. Then try and see if you can get it work on one or two channels.

Play with that for a bit and report back.

p.

Thanks

There is a second epg listed in the lamedb file

4a7f:06180000:0013:1000:144:0
    EPG

Any idea if this is the HD epg?

Thanks

There is a second epg listed in the lamedb file

4a7f:06180000:0013:1000:144:0
    EPG

Any idea if this is the HD epg?
    Try it. Change it in the config file, run it from the command line or read the logs and see. If loadepg discovers any new channels (or doesn't work) it will show up as you go.

p.

Thanks

Just reporting back...

Code:
    02-02-2009 23:47:43 [australiasat] Start reading OpenTV data
    02-02-2009 23:47:43 [australiasat] start filter pid=0x0011
    02-02-2009 23:47:43 [australiasat] start filter pid=0x0030
    02-02-2009 23:47:43 [australiasat] start filter pid=0x0031
    02-02-2009 23:47:43 [australiasat] Error: timeout polling filter
    02-02-2009 23:47:43 [australiasat] End read OpenTV data
    02-02-2009 23:47:43 [australiasat] ERROR reported by external binary module '/media/hdd/e2_loadepg/dl_modules/bskybsat.bin',retcode=256
    02-02-2009 23:47:43 [australiasat] ABORTING
    Still trying

Thanks

Just reporting back...
    No need to report back every time it DOESN'T work! Geez, I went through about 50 channels before i made it work the first time!

Thanks

no its not for your sake - its in case others want to have a crack so they dont waste their time

Thanks

no its not for your sake - its in case others want to have a crack so they dont waste their time
    only kidding

but posting the logs each time is probably not necessary

p.

Thanks

I note that the FTA channels (ABC,7,9,10) aren't on their online EPG which is a bit of a shame but otherwise it's great.
    p.
    7,9 and 10 epg are available from f0xtel web site if you log in ..

we may well be crazy .. we all would love to get it off the satellite or out of thin air (like saintaholic).. but enigma 1 boxes can only do xmltv to sqlite on pli at the moment

p.
    Absolutely right

Thanks

2) I need to tidy up the code so that is parameterizable and will output a file per channel, per day
    great work mcjules

I know the oztivo stuff is now 1 file per channel per day .. but their previous versions used to run 1 file for 1 day for all channels requested = about 1.2 megabyte for my channels.

what about 1 file per channel for all 7 days data available for that channel - that would be manageable size I reckon - probably 100-200k per file then the db_epg plugin can discard days after those required

although 1 day 1 channel 1 file would be more flexible and probably spread load on the poor ftp server- just my thoughts mate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nfnovice View Post
    we all would love to get it off the satellite or out of thin air (like saintaholic).. but enigma 1 boxes can only do xmltv to sqlite on pli at the moment
    Not true. Enigma1 boxes in Europe are doing exactly what enigma2 boxes are doing and what i have done here. Enigma1 boxes are in the exact some boat i was in with Enigma2 a couple of weeks ago. It's just that no one has got it working in Australian yet.

It looks like modul8 is giving it a decent crack.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nfnovice View Post
    great work mcjules

I know the oztivo stuff is now 1 file per channel per day .. but their previous versions used to run 1 file for 1 day for all channels requested = about 1.2 megabyte for my channels.

what about 1 file per channel for all 7 days data available for that channel - that would be manageable size I reckon - probably 100-200k per file then the db_epg plugin can discard days after those required

although 1 day 1 channel 1 file would be more flexible and probably spread load on the poor ftp server- just my thoughts mate
    I've restructured my code and now they come out as 1 file per channel per day. Here's a full weeks worth of data with end times. Should work with SQLite but I haven't tried it yet.

I'll have to investigate what happens differently when you sign in. One of the parameters to get the channel list is a bouquet id but they all returned the same channels (no FTA).

Thanks

ok mcjules - I have done a successful load of your data for crime channel into sqlite epg on my 7000. Oztivo has had dodgy or no crime channel infor for some time
    I had to adjust my channel mappings from oztivo format "CRIM" to foxtel chan num "118"
    then she loaded fine

timezone offset worked fine, genre stuff never worked for me anyway
    small problem still on length of program - (1min?) so doesnt show well in multiepg - but ok in channel epg
    definitely getting there
    also doesnt show details of program - the category stuff isnt making it through - still investigating here
    cheers

• Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast