Thread: Nextg

Thanks

Talking Nextg

I have found nextg excellent i live in north west Vic and there is places where i had very poor or no cdma coverage where on nextg i was able to watch v8 supercars and have high speed Internet make calls and video calls no problems it dose not matter if i full coverage or 1 bar. When cdma closes down it is going to be even better because they are both on 850 MHz witch will affect the single strength i have had 3 different phones a LG tu500 samsung a701 witch both worked well and now i have a nokia e51 witch has the best performance of all and is a excellent phone there has only been a couple of times i have had no reception and that where no phones worked but drive up a mountain and have coverage and high speed Internet i travel moistly all over Vic and SE SA

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Default Good Service? Pigs arse !

gday wallie, one question. do you work for telstra? mate next g is absolute crap up here in QLD. the only places it works well is major metros like brissy, rocky, cairns etc. in the regional areas it is up to sh*t!! when i say regional, i dont mean a one horse town in the back blocks, im talking towns like, maryborough, bundaberg, hervey bay, towns similar in population to these couple. we are lucky to get any signal. the old analogue system was excellent. signals high everywhere. then we moved to CDMA, less coverage, lower signal strength, but none the less still useable. now we have moved to next G - buggar all signal strength, blackouts and drop outs everywhere, absolutly UNRELIABLE !! But those telstra sales people keep selling next g for these areas promising all sorts of service excellence but delivering stuff all. when you then ring up to complain you are told it is a working network that is being constantly worked on and conditions should improve in the near future. what a load of crap. and its not only me, talk to anyone up here in regional QLD and you will get the same response.

just my 10c
    thanks

Thanks

I have had EXACTLY the same experience with NextG, CDMA and Analogue as vk4mod.

Point 1: Analogue worked inside my house, cdma gets one bar of signal strength, not enough to make calls but enough to receive sms. Nextg: NOTHING, not even a sniff of signal

Point 2: Analog worked all the way to the big smoke, CDMA nothing until the main highway (20kms away) until they put in a cdma tower in the nearest town. Nextg: drops out in various spots from the town to my road, or from the town to the highway. You can hold a cdma phone side by side with a nextg and where there is "no signal" on the nextg the cdma has three bars, easily enough for calls, and yes our nextg phones do have the "tick"

Point 3: all the way from our house to the main road (not the highway) cdma works, nextg doesnt even get a service until the main road.

Nextg is yet another scam by telstra to make all the country people buy new phones and contracts. Why the old or new government allowed telstra to announce the closure of cdma is beyond me and most country people whose new nextg phones are next to useless unless they are in a town

Otherwise known as VK4XA MaXiLeeCH's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I'll stick to GSM, it beats the crap outta all the CDMA / Next G phones for coverage.
    I live in Innisfail and like alot of other places, Next G is next to useless here.
    CDMA was never much better either.
    MaXiLeeCH
    Lord of his ring, keeper of his faith, master of no-one!

Thanks

turn off the CDMA & 3G will work. Oh did i forget to tell you your nose will be sore. Because you are going to pay thru it. Oh Telstra why do thee extract blood from stone so often.
    I don't understand why a different system is require for rural folks, just spread ot the GSM towers and everyone will be happy. Except the money makers.

Thanks

yep its awesome so awesome that the goverment says to TELSTRA no hope fellas not good enough

dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

Thanks

I live in Sarina, regional Queensland which is 300km north of Rockhampton, I have a samsung A701 NExtG phone, and it works perfectly in my immediate area where as my previous GSM handset didn't work in some parts of my house.

I say immediate area, as recently I took a drive west of Sarina over the range, and there is no NextG coverage over there (but that is to be expected due to the terrain). Also my GSM used to drop out in some part of the highway travelling to Mackay, but with my A701 I can sustain a minimum of 1 bar in the areas where my GSM used to drop out.

Thanks

Yep i agree with "MaXiLeeCH" im going back to GSM im not going to put up with this NEXTG crap i know people that get better GSM coverage where i get none

Thanks

And thats in tamworth by the way

Thanks

Hey TELSTRA... Next G is crap and so are you !