Thread: Agh!!!

Thanks

Default Agh!!!

Howdy All,

I've been pulling my hair out all day, and for the life of me I cannot figure out what is causing it, I've dis-assembled the network and traced it back to something that has to do with the DNS Servers.

Basically :-

I am running Lots of W2K Workstations and W2K/W2.3K Servers here in the office, I've setup two servers here to be the Main DNS Points for the entire network, one is the Active Directory, and the other is the DNS Server for the outside work, the Active Directory hands off its domain information to the one for the outside world.

The little billion router, is configured to allow port 53-UDP/TCP to the internal server (Not the active directory)

I can ping the domain and it resolves correctly, I can ping it from remote pc's and from home, everything seems okay (I am using TPG at home, at I've got access to a couple of remote sites, one using telstra the other useing an optus link), when I run a ping on it resolves correctly, I can run a port scan and all the service ports are open for use, I can connect, send mail, Check all kinds of things, remote into the desktops that are available, and all is good.

The problem is, when i type in from any of the local machines, using IE6, on W2KWS/W2KSVR SP4 with all latest updates, they always come up with this page cannot be displayed after a VERY long trying to access time.

I run a web mail portal on one of the open ports, it works fine from any remote IP, I cannot get to it locally.

I've flushed the DNS, I've removed all firewalls, Using NAT Only, Changed the Ports, Flushed the DNS on all machines, done a COMPLETE Network reboot, swapped out the ADSL Modem, Defaulted and Reset all the network switches, Defaulted and Reset the ADSL Modem and Perimeter Router.

Currently its ADSL — ADSL Modem — NAT — Network... it all works fine if you access it from another connection, but nada from the local connection..

Any thoughts would be appreciated, I'm out of ideas...

thanks!

ReD

Look Here ->
    Thanks

are you saying you can't access your web page from PC's located in the office internal?

host file may need to have your web server ip say

all internal pc will have to have this in the host file

have a look in here for it C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

or just try from the internal PC's

Thanks

G'day mate
    do you have any proxy been set up? if yes, you might need to add that into the IE setting.
    also what is your GP setting regarding IE access.
    good luck.