Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Enigma1 - 7 Day EPG - from Satellite (weekepg)

Premium Member
    Thanks

sifTeam's 7 day EPG not bad but what others are out there that will work with fox?

Thanks

Has anyone managed to get MaxZ4's pc epg app to work?

I've managed to get part of it working by adapting the info from the weekepg_au setting file. In that it telnets into the dreambox and switches the channel on the box to the iEPG Channel. It then tries to analyse some data coming through on a port that isn't open at least on my box (running jade3). I can read italian and none of the documentation that i've found mentions that it needs WeekEPG to run but it could be the plugin that sends the information through.

If we could get this to work, it could be adapted to create XMLTV files and therefore work with MultiEPG.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foxyboy View Post
    Ok, i'm moving up the learning curve but have hit an issue i hope someone can put be right on.

I've managed to get weekepg 3.2b uk operational on the Nabilosat DarkStar II Image. I like the image but i would love to modify weekepg
    to give me some of the irish sky channel epg info. If i can do that and then setup bouquets i will have something very useable.

Rather than create a whole new channels.irl version i had hoped to simply add the lines below to the channels.uk file.

These channels are available on the ROI sky cards and are on lyngsat listings for Astra 28E

1;2147;RTE One;228;2581;7fb;2
    1;2148;RTE TWO;229;2582;7fb;2
    1;2149;TG4;230;2583;7fb;2
    1;2150;TV3;232;2585;7fb;2

This doesnt appear to be working and im confident the data is correct.
    I have been able to use CCCam & NewCS and can receive these channels with the new white Sky Card.

Can ANYONE see what i am doing wrong here ?
    @foxyboy

this is an aussie forum mate,so all the skippy's are unlikely to be able to help you with your desired channels.

anyway,ive read this thread with interest and thought i would try to help you guys out.

do you guys have an xmltv site in austrailia that you can download the channel data from for all the channels you require?
    here in england we have the radiotimes site.if so,then use the plugin Mplug to download your needed dat file for MV.you will need this to be able to create your own chanAu.in

heres how to use it.i dont have upload rights on this site as this is my first post,but i can direct you to a site where i have iploaded all the needed files and i have explained how to get 14 day EPG using MV.

not sure if im allowed to post live links so remove the dash ive inserted before the link.

-http://www.satdudez.org/forum/showthread.php?t=116372

1)download and install the latest version of MV from your green panel in your SIF image.thats version 3.5.4r3.then to allow for proper mapping,download the extepg2 i posted,that MMMMMM modified for me and rename the file from extepg.so to mv.so and overwrite the MV file already located in /var/tuxbox/plugins
    (the renaming of this file is only needed with SIF team image)

2)download and install the modified Mplug plugin(to allow for easier mapping)it goes to /var/bin and chmod to 755.
    download my inputs txt and overwrite the one MV has installed in /var/tuxbox/config/mv

3)download my modified chanRad.in and send to /var/tuxbox/config/mv and chmod to 755(just start with this to get sky uk up and running,you can always add the chanDad.in,chanDtv.in and chanEU.in for other packages across the arc later,when you have it all up and running)

4)start MV on your box then select menu.
    select input config,then choose and activate
    1 enigma cache
    2 saved cache
    3 Mplug_MV350_dat

you can add the MHWepg binary in inputs 4 and 5 here for channels that still use this epg(but its only the seca ones that are left now such as Cyfra+ and Canal+ France)

set your pre to 000900(this is the amount you wish to go back in time.900 is half an hour)and your post to 605000(this is 7 days in front)but you can make it 14 if you wish.

choose your save config directory(this is the storage location you downloaded and installed MV to)mine is /mnt/cf/mv if you installed MV on usb then its /mnt/usb/mv

choose your storage directory(this is where you wish the created dat file to be stored(mine is /mnt/cf/mv but you could choose anywhere you had the space be it /mnt/usb/mv or mnt/hdd/mv

uncheck auto directory because if checked it will overide what you have just set with the auto default mv directory.

select your max channels for MV to show(mine is 999)and check auto reload,then press the green done button.

5)now ftp into /mnt/your storage loction/mv and create a new folder called mplug and chmod to 777

6)telnet into your box and paste this

/var/bin/Mplug /mnt/yourStorageLocation/mv/mplug 0 /var/tuxbox/config/mv

and hit enter,Mplug will now start to download the sky uk channels.the curser in telnet will be flashing and the download is completed when this cursor returns to your box type.ie 7020# in my case.
    if you ftp into /mnt/YourStorageLocation/mv/mplug you should now see a dat file there of around 22mg

7)start MV again on your box.you will see the letter L (loading)on the rop of your tv screen.the first time can take up to 2mins,so dont worry.this is because your dreambox has to create other files in /mnt/YourStorageLocarion/mv/mplug to be able to read the dat file.
    after this,every other time you open MV it loads in seconds.

8)now the tedious bit,but it only ever has to be done once.
    press menu then select alias manager then press unknown.
    in the top box you will now have a list of every channel in the bouquet that your box is presently tuned to.
    select a channel ie sky1 and then map it to the sky1 channel in the bottom box.this will be :sky1 as i asked MMMMMM to created an Mplug binary for me that diferenciates the sky uk channels produced by Mplug from other channels in MV with just a colon.(the original Mplug version inserts mplug.rad.sky1 and the whole channel name could not be seen and so couldnt be mapped.
    when you have mapped all the desired channels for that bouquet press exit.then open MV again and you should now see a full 7 day listing for all channels in that bouquet.
    repeat this for all other sky uk folders.ie sports,movies,docs ect
    this is entirely dependant upon how you have your settings split up.

(to all others reading this bit: this is only for the SIF team image,to setup crond on different images you need to examine how your particular image does this)

if you wish to setup this to run from the script i posted,then download the script and send it to /etc/SifTeam/script/ and chmod to 755
    then select the 0 file and send it to your pc and edit it to Mplug start and then send it back to your box.then open up the scripts menu and select and run this script by choosing the 0 button.

then you can enter mini crond,select this script and how often you wish it to run and at what time,3am for example.
    once this is done you can then totally forget about it and you will always have an up to date 7 day sky uk EPG that updates itself at 3am.
    dont think ive missed anything.ian.
    Last edited by ian1095; 28-09-09 at 07:32 PM.

Thanks

Thanks Ian, i'm actually based in Ireland and as i understand it xmltv allows you to pull Irish EPG info from radiotimes using the postcode of "Eire"
    How complete the epg info is though i'm not sure.

I assume this simplifies things a bit ?

I'll try out your steps below and see what MV will offer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ian1095 View Post
    @foxyboy

this is an aussie forum mate,so all the skippy's are unlikely to be able to help you with your desired channels.

anyway,ive read this thread with interest and thought i would try to help you guys out.

do you guys have an xmltv site in austrailia that you can download the channel data from for all the channels you require?
    here in england we have the radiotimes site.if so,then use the plugin Mplug to download your needed dat file for MV.you will need this to be able to create your own chanAu.in

heres how to use it.i dont have upload rights on this site as this is my first post,but i can direct you to a site where i have iploaded all the needed files and i have explained how to get 14 day EPG using MV.

not sure if im allowed to post live links so remove the dash ive inserted before the link.

-http://www.satdudez.org/forum/showthread.php?t=116372

1)download and install the latest version of MV from your green panel in your SIF image.thats version 3.5.4r3.then to allow for proper mapping,download the extepg2 i posted,that MMMMMM modified for me and rename the file from extepg.so to mv.so and overwrite the MV file already located in /var/tuxbox/plugins
    (the renaming of this file is only needed with SIF team image)

2)download and install the modified Mplug plugin(to allow for easier mapping)it goes to /var/bin and chmod to 755.
    download my inputs txt and overwrite the one MV has installed in /var/tuxbox/config/mv

3)download my modified chanRad.in and send to /var/tuxbox/config/mv and chmod to 755(just start with this to get sky uk up and running,you can always add the chanDad.in,chanDtv.in and chanEU.in for other packages across the arc later,when you have it all up and running)

4)start MV on your box then select menu.
    select input config,then choose and activate
    1 enigma cache
    2 saved cache
    3 Mplug_MV350_dat

you can add the MHWepg binary in inputs 4 and 5 here for channels that still use this epg(but its only the seca ones that are left now such as Cyfra+ and Canal+ France)

set your pre to 000900(this is the amount you wish to go back in time.900 is half an hour)and your post to 605000(this is 7 days in front)but you can make it 14 if you wish.

choose your save config directory(this is the storage location you downloaded and installed MV to)mine is /mnt/cf/mv if you installed MV on usb then its /mnt/usb/mv

choose your storage directory(this is where you wish the created dat file to be stored(mine is /mnt/cf/mv but you could choose anywhere you had the space be it /mnt/usb/mv or mnt/hdd/mv

uncheck auto directory because if checked it will overide what you have just set with the auto default mv directory.

select your max channels for MV to show(mine is 999)and check auto reload,then press the green done button.

5)now ftp into /mnt/your storage loction/mv and create a new folder called mplug and chmod to 777

6)telnet into your box and paste this

/var/bin/Mplug /mnt/yourStorageLocation/mv/mplug 0 /var/tuxbox/config/mv

and hit enter,Mplug will now start to download the sky uk channels.the curser in telnet will be flashing and the download is completed when this cursor returns to your box type.ie 7020# in my case.
    if you ftp into /mnt/YourStorageLocation/mv/mplug you should now see a dat file there of around 22mg

7)start MV again on your box.you will see the letter L (loading)on the rop of your tv screen.the first time can take up to 2mins,so dont worry.this is because your dreambox has to create other files in /mnt/YourStorageLocarion/mv/mplug to be able to read the dat file.
    after this,every other time you open MV it loads in seconds.

8)now the tedious bit,but it only ever has to be done once.
    press menu then select alias manager then press unknown.
    in the top box you will now have a list of every channel in the bouquet that your box is presently tuned to.
    select a channel ie sky1 and then map it to the sky1 channel in the bottom box.this will be :sky1 as i asked MMMMMM to created an Mplug binary for me that diferenciates the sky uk channels produced by Mplug from other channels in MV with just a colon.(the original Mplug version inserts mplug.rad.sky1 and the whole channel name could not be seen and so couldnt be mapped.
    when you have mapped all the desired channels for that bouquet press exit.then open MV again and you should now see a full 7 day listing for all channels in that bouquet.
    repeat this for all other sky uk folders.ie sports,movies,docs ect
    this is entirely dependant upon how you have your settings split up.

(to all others reading this bit: this is only for the SIF team image,to setup crond on different images you need to examine how your particular image does this)

if you wish to setup this to run from the script i posted,then download the script and send it to /etc/SifTeam/script/ and chmod to 755
    then select the 0 file and send it to your pc and edit it to Mplug start and then send it back to your box.then open up the scripts menu and select and run this script by choosing the 0 button.

then you can enter mini crond,select this script and how often you wish it to run and at what time,3am for example.
    once this is done you can then totally forget about it and you will always have an up to date 7 day sky uk EPG that updates itself at 3am.
    dont think ive missed anything.ian.

Thanks

yes mate,this really does simplify things.i have full 14 day listings for all of the irish channels that you require,plus all of sky uk too.

i hope this plugin also helps you aussie guys too as the principles are the same,but its entirely dependant upon you having an xmltv site in australia,like the radiotimes site that we have in england.

if you have this then Mplug should work for you too,once you have created a chanAU.in file for all of the channels that are available to you in australia ian.

ps i dont use cccam myself i use gbox and mbox as there are far too many ECM requests sent when using cccam,but as you are using it be carefull of the 256 trick when you give out an N line.
    anyone who has your N line can fake having your local card as there own local when using the 256 trick.so theres another reason to stay away from cccam lol.
    i know locals can also be easily faked in both gbox and mbox,gbox by adding a certain line to your softcam.cfg and mbox by manipulating the dreambox localhost file,but how to do this isnt public like the 256 trick is,so be carefull.
    Last edited by ian1095; 29-09-09 at 04:56 AM. Reason: cant spell

Thanks

Ian, much appreciate your comprehensive response but i have tried to follow the instructions and have had a few issues.
    I'm using the Sifteam 193E image (for no other reason that to get the best Epg support posible, now obviously trying MV ! ) on a DM500S. I downloaded MV to it online from via AddOns. When i ran MV it complained about creating a mount /mnt/usb - obviously this is a specific MV install issue but the DM500S can really only mount a CIFS/NFS share on a PC. I will try to get this sorted FIRST.

Regardless, i found some of your references in the post confusing, mainly because in the satdudez thread you reference, there are files which appear superceeded later down the thread.
    Could i ask you to spell out the correct ones of these ?
    * extepg2
    * Modified MPlug plugin
    * Modified Inputs txt
    * chanRad.in

Thanks

you can mount the storage directory for MV anywhere you choose that has the space.i use /mnt/cf/mv as i run many images including modified E2 images from my cf,and this is where my SIF image is run from,but i could just as easily use a mounted HDD as you wish to do.

if you are mounting a HDD from your pc(as i also do to be able to stream avi's and live internet tele to my dreambox)then your MV storage directory and config directory needs to be /mnt/hdd/mv in the MV input setup(make sure you untick auto directory)as long as this HDD is correctly mounted then MV will see it and use it.

but you must FTP into /media/hdd/mv/ and create a new folder called mplug.inside of this folder is where your downloaded dat file will reside.also remember to edit the Mplug start script to these parameters as well as to remember to edit the command that you use in telnet to run Mplug.
    if you are going to use your pc's HDD mounted to your 500 then this run command will be

/var/bin/Mplug /mnt/hdd/mv/mplug 0 /var/tuxbox/config/mv

if you run your images from usb and have installed MV there and wish to use your usb as the storage directory,then just edit it to

/var/bin/Mplug /mnt/usb/mv/mplug 0 /var/tuxbox/config/mv

remembering to FTP into /media/usb/mv/ and create a new folder called mplug,that will then contain the downloaded dat file.

of course if you use cf like i do then leave it as it is.

the extepg2 file that you mention that i uploaded over on dudez is a modified version of MV.
    this modification is needed because of channel mapping.with the original version of MV it is impossible to see the channels created by Mplug in order to map them.if you wish to use this modified version(this is definately advised)then with the SIF image,you need to rename this file to mv.so

the modified Mplug plugin was created by the author of the plugin just for me.this was to also be able to map the channels with greater ease.with the original Mplug plugin the downloaded channels start with mplug.rad.Discovery_Channel.this was too long to be able to map the channel so i got MMMMMM,the author of Mplug to create a modified version for me,that downloaded the channels and outputed the channel name as iscovery_Channel(ive no idea why a stupid smiley has been inserted here but it should read colon Discovery_Channel)
    the colon before the actual channel name was just to be able to differenciate between channels from the radiotimes site and others channels inside of MV that download using the MHW binary.
    its up to you if you use this version of Mplug or the original,as the modified version of the Mplug plugin is not needed if you use the modified version of MV.

the modified imputs txt is needed as this allows for the selection of Mplug_MV350_dat in the MV imputs setup.its this that allows MV to read dat files.

the chanRad.in file is the file that tells Mplug which channels to download EPG data for.
    i spent ages on the radiotimes website updating missing channels including many HD channels.also i shortened the channel names for easier mapping.
    use the very last one i posted in answer to a question from saintomer1866,as this is the most recent.ian

ps i use the SIF 1.9.4 image,as your using 1.9.3 make sure that you have downloaded and installed the correct MV version for your image.
    for 1.9.3 its version 3.5.4
    for 1.9.4 its version 3.5.4r3

also,although you have chosen SIF for no other reason other than to get MV working,you have actually by accident chosen the best E1 image around at present.
    Last edited by ian1095; 02-10-09 at 03:51 AM.

Thanks

Thanks for taking the time & effort to respond, ill give your instructions another go.

I originally mislead you with the sifteam version i was running, it was 193D
    I did flash 194 but it hosed my dm500s !
    I checked the sifteam dreambox download area the latest listed for dm500s is sifteam-1-9-3d-dm500mv

Ive reinstalled this and MV appears to be working so ill press on :-)

Thanks

you are mistaken my friend.
    here is the 1.9.4 image for the DM500

SifTeam-1.9.4-500MV

Changes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) CVS updated to 26.07.2009
    2) Now you are able to see info about packs,enable the function trought advanced panel
    3) Now you can see the latest packs and updates available on our panel
    4) Changed webif and boot images
    5) Some changes on code
    6) UPNP is available (SERVER/CLIENT)
    7) Moved vsftpd.conf in /var/etc/
    New flashes of qbox one are now ok
    9) Qbox manager updated(some fixes on dtt)
    10) Two new skins by nikolasi sifteam_red e sifteam_blu (thx)
    11) Added Black_Matrix gold by MX mod_RG (thanks matrix) modded by rroatan
    12) Added skin Army omega black (thanks army)
    13) Added all_languages for sifteam 1.9.4
    14) Added and fixed Multiview pack

Note:
    -------
    For the version ipbox-200@64mb you must:

1)install the normal img for ipbox200
    2)install "serial_uboot_64.img"

both with flashtools or Flasher

* About Programs:
    -----------------
    For all sifteam images, on /var/etc/rcS.d/S99user_start.sh you can choose a program to start(there are already some commented examples..remove "#" to active them)

Tips
    ----------------
    To enter in Control Panel from Emu panel you can press the yellow button (added also on webif)
    The menu Script can be opened from Control panel pressing 0(zero)

To change the positions of Channel name or Clock you can modified by telnet the values
    (Horizontal)(50 & 80 are the default values)
    echo 50 > /var/etc/SifTeam/conf/altOraOSD
    echo 80 > /var/etc/SifTeam/conf/altCanaleOSD
    (Vertical)(10 is the default value)
    echo 10 > /var/etc/SifTeam/conf/oriOraOSD
    echo 10 > /var/etc/SifTeam/conf/oriCanaleOSD

Errors:
    ----------

If the following message appear "..curl_global_init.."...please restart enigma(Menu-5-restart enigma)

* The option Move OSD is no longer available but you can install it as external plugin
    To use the old /Var you should edit the file /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/config
    and change the text "s:/ezap/ui/skin=/share/tuxbox/enigma/skins/golden.esml" in
    "s:/ezap/ui/skin=/share/tuxbox/enigma/skins/bluzzy3_adv.esml"

** The Q-box has not all the functions of the other boxes...for example to open the Control Panel you must press blue>yellow

Thanks

Not disputing its existance just that i dont see it on the official sifteam download section unless im blind !

I have used the image and flashed with dreamup using null modem cable but
    the dm500s fails to respond after the flash at all !

I can go back to 193D and theres no problem, strange eh ?

Thanks

SIF is not the best image to have in your flash.load the latest boxman image and then nothing else.
    then load multiboot using flash wizard pro and load the SIF 1.9.4 image onto USB,HDD or CF and use it from there.ian.

Thanks

I only have a DM500S so my options are limited.

I did manage to get the weekepg working also using these settings
    1;1251;RTE One;101;2581:7fb:2
    1;1252;RTE Two;102;2582:7fb:2
    1;1253;TG4;103;2583:7fb:2
    1;1255;TV3 Ireland;104;2585:7fb:2
    1;3615;3e;105;cb87:907:2

Thanks

Does this work with pli yet and do you still have to press yellow button for guide ?

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by didgydont View Post
    Does this work with pli yet and do you still have to press yellow button for guide ?
    use oztivo there's a thread about it here. works 100%
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Thanks

yes but i read that does shows in 15min intervals and not all channels. so if a show starts at 10past it would say 15past.

• Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456