Thread: A dead wireless router???

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default A dead wireless router???

Late December I purchased an Asus WL-520GU as an update from a Netcomm NB504.
    In the early hours of Saturday morning we had a power outage and it seems the Asus may have been affected.
    The cable part of the router is working ok into my computer but the wireless to an old laptop using a Lynksys card was dead.
    Today I removed the Asus and put the Netcomm back on and the laptop is back online.

During the setup for the Lynksys, it showed no networks available when the Asus was turned on but after connecting the Netcomm and doing a search , I had 100% wireless availability.
    Of course the ASUS' green LED for AIR is on as are all the other indicators but after doing every version of setting it up, I am satisfied the Asus is simply not transmitting, at least not to the Lynksys card.
    Apart from bringing a wireless capable laptop here, is there any other way of testing the Asus to see if it is in fact transmitting or not?
    During one of the many setups yesterday, I tried to use the USB port to connect a printer but that failed too. Could that be another indicator that the Asus is faulty?
    As usual, all ideas greatfully received.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

sounds like it's dead mate - depending on how advanced your wireless router / modem is you can do a search for other wireless equipment for te modem to connect to it and run in bridge mode. that would be the other way o test if the wireless is faulty or now.

you can also try and download have the asus plugged in and run this app and see if you can see the wireless appear. if not chuck it away