Thread: Anyone still play the old console games?

Thanks

Default Anyone still play the old console games?

Iv'e been thinking about dusting off my xbox and playing some megadrive and NES games. Anyone get into them still? If so what games are your favourite and which one are you currently playing? My favourite all time game was the Wonderboy series especially Wonderboy in monster world.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

im into all the old consoles like snes, nes, megadrive and my favourite is mame

Thanks

LOL, I always find it ironic that people buy something like a 360 and then play Streetfighter on it (then again I'm toying with getting the SF4 joystick for MAME, especially the tournament edition one).

Wonderboy is a great game, might have to break that one back out again. Been playing way too much PacMan recently whilst waiting for discs to burn on my PC.
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks

Shinobi - (ideally on mame as the console versions are lacking) would be my favourite. Puzzle Bobble / Bust a Move is also a big favourite of mine.
    Modding Xbox, Xbox360 and Wii consoles - all versions.
    Located in Wollongong, NSW.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roguefan99 View Post
    (then again I'm toying with getting the SF4 joystick for MAME, especially the tournament edition one).
    Do you have street fighter 4 working on MAME?

Thanks

Yep I love the old games

Have posted a couple of photo's of my current time waster. 48 in 1 arcade board with all the old fav's in an original cocktail as well as my dreamcast and PS2 setup for driving and shooting games like House of the Dead, Crazy Taxi...

Thanks

I have an origional playstation 1 console and many games sitting in the cupboard. I was thinking of setting it up and playing some of those old classic games.

But I just found it easier to use the Playstation emulator on the pc with one of those USB Playstarion controller adaptors. So I can use the old playstation controller on my pc. I found the keyboard kinda difficult to use on the emulator.

I can also use the Playstation 1 Emulator on my Xbox 1 console. But its a pain to use as you have to copy every game you want to play to an image file then upload it to the console, as the emulator can only play the games from image files.

Where as the pc Playstation 1 emulator can play the games directly from the game cd.

Thanks

Its great to play the classics. I don't have an xbox 360 just original xbox thats all i need to play all the old games. I like platform games like wonderboy. Brings back memories. Im too scared to crank up the xbox though i have the entire collection of megadrive, snes, nes games im scared ill never leave the room if i start playing! haha

Thanks

Yes it is great to play the classics...I play SNES and Megadrive games on the Wii...brings back the memories..!

Megadrive faves - Golden Axe, Revenge of Shinobi, Road Rash, Super Monaco Grand Prix,

SNES faves- Just about any Mario game!, Star Fox, Street Fighter 2...

Heaps of fun to play the old games...albeit on new consoles capable of so much more..hehe..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gavpk View Post
    Do you have street fighter 4 working on MAME?
    No but the 360 version of the stick is USB which means that it will go straight into the PC and be read as a joystick in MAME 32. Perfect for SF vs Xmen, SF2 (insert words), and all the other fighters.

SF4 is coming out for PC to I believe (seen it listed), so thats a bonus.

Greg, look for epsxe, I think its at that should be a good start for you.
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks

Favourite Megadrive games: Wonderboy in monster world, sonic the hedgehog, NBA jam,
    Fav NES games: Punchout, Galaga, Circus Charlie, mario bros

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pak_indo View Post
    Shinobi - (ideally on mame as the console versions are lacking) would be my favourite. Puzzle Bobble / Bust a Move is also a big favourite of mine.

Yeh I like the simple games like these as well. Play heaps of roms on our old xbox's. one of the reasons while I think the old x is still one the best consoles. My kids think I'm mad
    If I want too,I can, I will

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
    Yep I love the old games

Have posted a couple of photo's of my current time waster. 48 in 1 arcade board with all the old fav's in an original cocktail as well as my dreamcast and PS2 setup for driving and shooting games like House of the Dead, Crazy Taxi...

I like the old table top. I have often toyed with the idea of building something similar.
    If I want too,I can, I will

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roguefan99 View Post
    No but the 360 version of the stick is USB which means that it will go straight into the PC and be read as a joystick in MAME 32. Perfect for SF vs Xmen, SF2 (insert words), and all the other fighters.

SF4 is coming out for PC to I believe (seen it listed), so thats a bonus.
    damn, i got excited for a moment yeah i havnt been able to get SF3
    going, and im not sure anyone has?

Thanks

I love playing the old games but for some it can ruin the memory of a great game. Case in point . I hired shitchin out that many times from the video shop i could have easily bought the game twice over. Fired it up a couple of years ago and I can't beleived I spent so many hours playing it.

But on the flip side games like Mortal Kombat are even more enjoyable to play against friends and beat there ass with sub zero!